Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 84 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

For the record, I still say UK makes a deep run in March.

 

In the NIT.

  • Replies 167
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I've posted this about 100 times already this year. The vast majority of UKs problems are because all the big guys stink and the trickle down that causes. Simple enough.

 

They aren't smart players

They don't rebound

They are truly a weak group of bigs

You have no one you can give the ball to down low to get a bucket and stop the bleeding

Heck two of them can't even dribble the ball

 

 

It happens, it's a down year. I don't think this new recruiting class will be a big swing and a miss like this past year. Let's hope they can figure it out by March and make a nice run.

 

Doesnt this fall on the coach that recruited them?

Doesnt this fall on the coach that recruited them?

 

Very much so. He's allowed to miss every now and then.

Because Calipari has underachieved at UK?

 

I can't stand UK, and I can't believe some of the nonsense in these post-game threads, from UK fans, and the folks on the other side of the aisle. A UK fan would have rather have had cheating and jerk-extraordinaire Travis Ford than John Calipari and what he has put up there? Izzo would have "been a much better option" than Cal?

 

Three days ago UK was going to make a deep run in March, now Cal is a mouth-breathing moron who needs to go. Love this stuff....

 

I never said Cal underachieved. But I think Izzo would have done just as much if not more than Cal with those groups. But at the same time, Idk if UK would have pulled those same classes in. I think as a coach, Izzo is head and shoulders above Cal.

Three days ago UK was going to make a deep run in March, now Cal is a mouth-breathing moron who needs to go. Love this stuff....

 

The old 18% or whatever it is, sure seems to be growing.

The old 18% or whatever it is, sure seems to be growing.

The only way you would quantify the nut-case UK fans at 18% is if you were standing on your head. :sssh:

I'll never understand the part of our fan base that isn't happy with Calipari being our current coach.

  • Author
I'll never understand the part of our fan base that isn't happy with Calipari being our current coach.

 

They are the same group of people that will be praising him when UK wins the SEC again.

They are the same group of people that will be praising him when UK wins the SEC again.

 

Probably, which is funny cause Cal doesn't care about winning the SEC haha! Yeah, it's nice along the way but I'll take 2012 all day over winning an SEC title.

I think I've posted this about 100 times already this year. The vast majority of UKs problems are because all the big guys stink and the trickle down that causes. Simple enough.

 

They aren't smart players

They don't rebound

They are truly a weak group of bigs

You have no one you can give the ball to down low to get a bucket and stop the bleeding

Heck two of them can't even dribble the ball

 

 

It happens, it's a down year. I don't think this new recruiting class will be a big swing and a miss like this past year. Let's hope they can figure it out by March and make a nice run.

 

I agre, our big guys are soft. Why does Cal not give Humpfries or Wynard a chance to get in there and be tough?

This may have been talked about at some point in the thread, but I'm no reading it all.

 

Anyone know the last time UK and Duke were both not ranked in the top 25.

 

2007 I believe

I never said Cal underachieved. But I think Izzo would have done just as much if not more than Cal with those groups. But at the same time, Idk if UK would have pulled those same classes in. I think as a coach, Izzo is head and shoulders above Cal.

 

That is the thing we wouldn't have these same classes at all if Izzo were the coach. We would still have very good classes, but it wouldn't the as great of classes. People have to realize that most of these recruits didn't come here because it was Kentucky. Most of these recruits came here because of Cal, and it being Ky just happened to be the final piece of the selling point to help him recruit even a little better.

 

The name on the chest doesn't automatically get the top recruits these days, its only a small part of it. The coach is the one who gets them.

That is the thing we wouldn't have these same classes at all if Izzo were the coach. We would still have very good classes, but it wouldn't the as great of classes. People have to realize that most of these recruits didn't come here because it was Kentucky. Most of these recruits came here because of Cal, and it being Ky just happened to be the final piece of the selling point to help him recruit even a little better.

 

The name on the chest doesn't automatically get the top recruits these days, its only a small part of it. The coach is the one who gets them.

 

That is very true. The name of the school doesn't have the same pull that it did 10+ years ago. Solid point.

I bashed Tubby to I never wanted Cal back then I wanted Travis Ford.
:scared:...:lol2:
^

This ! UT is not good. This UK team is more Sybil-like than Sybil herself. As Oldrambler said, there is absolutely no excuse to lose to teams like Tenn. or Auburn. NO EXCUSE!

The final 25 minutes of the game: UT 71 UK 43 .

 

Just a disgusting display of basketball-in Knoxville as well as at Auburn.

The final five min of the first half the Vols scored 20 pts. My math tells me that's at a 80 pt/half pace. Bring on a new crop of one and doners. This bunch doesn't excite me. I hope they turn it around but it doesn't look too promising.

First off ... thank you. As for the bolded, I am not so sure about "all" one and done players. Yes, a team has to consistently have top talent to win like U.K. and its fans expect to win but I also think a couple or three very good 3, maybe four years guys to blend in the mix, either starting or coming off bench is a very good thing to have.

Actually, the NBA could put an end (and are the only one group that can) to all of this one and done, two and out and still wondering if the kid is ready for the NBA. Right now a lot of what I am seeing is NBA teams drafting kids on "potential", that to me means that they really aren't ready to step up and all involved would be better for the respected basketball (NBA or NCAA) if those "potential" kids stayed another year, maybe two. I personally would love to see the NBA install a "two year" rule at least. That would be where any H.S. kid has to be at least two years out of high school before going to NBA. NCAAF has a three year rule like this now and imo that helps the level of play at both level and would do the same for basketball as well, jmo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.