February 4, 201610 yr First off ... thank you. As for the bolded, I am not so sure about "all" one and done players. Yes, a team has to consistently have top talent to win like U.K. and its fans expect to win but I also think a couple or three very good 3, maybe four years guys to blend in the mix, either starting or coming off bench is a very good thing to have. Actually, the NBA could put an end (and are the only one group that can) to all of this one and done, two and out and still wondering if the kid is ready for the NBA. Right now a lot of what I am seeing is NBA teams drafting kids on "potential", that to me means that they really aren't ready to step up and all involved would be better for the respected basketball (NBA or NCAA) if those "potential" kids stayed another year, maybe two. I personally would love to see the NBA install a "two year" rule at least. That would be where any H.S. kid has to be at least two years out of high school before going to NBA. NCAAF has a three year rule like this now and imo that helps the level of play at both level and would do the same for basketball as well, jmo. The NCAAF/NFL rule has nothing to do with level of play. It has to do with safety of the players in the NFL.
February 5, 201610 yr ^:thumb: I realize that about the NFL. What I was meaning to say about the NBA is basically about a combination of maturity, physicality and mentality aspects of the NBA compared to NCAA. Sure, players like Anthony Davis were ready both in talent and maturity. Players with all the qualities involved for going in that young are imo few. Most would be better of staying another year in the college game, jmo. Of course, bc of the $$ one can see why the kids go. I just think that if the NBA would add another year to their "One yr. out of h.s. qualification that both the NCAA and NBA play would be better.
February 5, 201610 yr First off ... thank you. As for the bolded, I am not so sure about "all" one and done players. Yes, a team has to consistently have top talent to win like U.K. and its fans expect to win but I also think a couple or three very good 3, maybe four years guys to blend in the mix, either starting or coming off bench is a very good thing to have. Actually, the NBA could put an end (and are the only one group that can) to all of this one and done, two and out and still wondering if the kid is ready for the NBA. Right now a lot of what I am seeing is NBA teams drafting kids on "potential", that to me means that they really aren't ready to step up and all involved would be better for the respected basketball (NBA or NCAA) if those "potential" kids stayed another year, maybe two. I personally would love to see the NBA install a "two year" rule at least. That would be where any H.S. kid has to be at least two years out of high school before going to NBA. NCAAF has a three year rule like this now and imo that helps the level of play at both level and would do the same for basketball as well, jmo. In theory, you have the solution. In practice however, this lends to more kids taking the Brandon Jennings route and forgoing college entirely and taking their talents overseas.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.