What Are You "Snobbish" About?

Clyde

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just thought of it: I'm uncommonly snobbish about Catholic church music. Nothing will drive me away from your parish faster than a bunch of tone-deaf folks singing new-age nonsense out of a Gather hymnal.

If I see a Gather book, a guitar, or the choir up front I just sit there stone silent during mass.

If I see a Gather book, a guitar, or the choir up front I just sit there stone silent during mass.

A Gather book is basically a short prayer that says "Dear Lord, I don't really care enough to try hard, but here's something that sounds kind of like music."

A Gather book is basically a short prayer that says "Dear Lord, I don't really care enough to try hard, but here's something that sounds kind of like music."

Surprised I don't see you two at Saint Martin's with both of you appreciate quality church music.

That's my spot.

If you're ever at the Tridentine Mass at 12:15 I usually sit on the left side about 10-12 rows from the front.

Well, you know, at the last parish council meeting it was brought up that the funds for the renovation of the 130 year old organ I am sure you love are not quite raised to begin phase one of the renovation. Should I mention to Fr. Beach to put you down for a large pledge?

Well, you know, at the last parish council meeting it was brought up that the funds for the renovation of the 130 year old organ I am sure you love are not quite raised to begin phase one of the renovation. Should I mention to Fr. Beach to put you down for a large pledge?

I'm afraid that until those student loans are paid off, the US Department of Education is receiving nearly all my large pledges. I do love that organ but I'm afraid a few bucks in the collection plate and some annual giving to Catholic Charities is about all the good I am to anyone these days.

I'm afraid that until those student loans are paid off, the US Department of Education is receiving nearly all my large pledges. I do love that organ but I'm afraid a few bucks in the collection plate and some annual giving to Catholic Charities is about all the good I am to anyone these days.

I understand. Well, once the parish hall expansion is complete, there will be numerous activities in it I recommend coming to; Octoberfest, an Italian Festival, one for St. Joseph's feast day, and of course, Lenten Fish Fries. Also, during the warmer months, certian Friday Nights will have get togethers on the new patio (read, beer garden).

My wife is freaked out by the two bodies up front.

I forgot about that. For those wondering about the bodies are of two 3rd or 4th century Christian martyrs who died in the Roman Colosseum rather than renounce their faith. In Europe, it is common to inter those highly honored in public places. They used to be interred in a church/monastery/convent/ ( I forget which) in Italy but during the Italian Revolution in the 1870's, the revolutionary army was very anti religion especially anti Catholic and Church property was being destroyed in their path. Those who ran the Church/monastery/convent knew the pastor of my Church and asked if they could ship the martyrs to St. Martin's till things calmed down. Things never calmed down, the Church/monastery/convent was destroyed, most with it killed and the rest dispersed so the two Martyrs were never requested back and have remained at St. Martin's for 140 years or so.

My wife is freaked out by the two bodies up front.

I forgot about that. For those wondering about the bodies are of two 3rd or 4th century Christian martyrs who died in the Roman Colosseum rather than renounce their faith. In Europe, it is common to inter those highly honored in public places. They used to be interred in a church/monastery/convent/ ( I forget which) in Italy but during the Italian Revolution in the 1870's, the revolutionary army was very anti religion especially anti Catholic and Church property was being destroyed in their path. Those who ran the Church/monastery/convent knew the pastor of my Church and asked if they could ship the martyrs to St. Martin's till things calmed down. Things never calmed down, the Church/monastery/convent was destroyed, most with it killed and the rest dispersed so the two Martyrs were never requested back and have remained at St. Martin's for 140 years or so.

I’m not getting this entirely…. can you somehow see the bodies/remains??