Winter Weather Advisory 1/20/16 UPDATE

nWo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I left work early to get a jump on traffic. Rather leave at 4:30 and get home in 20-25 mins vs leave at 7a and get home at 8:30a!

Roads are snow covered and wet in the slow lanes where they have salted. Heavier snow and sleet accums will be in the southern 1/3rd of the commonwealth based on radar returns so far in the last few hours. Going to get messier the closer to the KY/TN border.

Be safe and enjoy extra quality time with the kids today! :thumb: I'm passing the baton to our bgp meteorologist, the man, the magical weather wizard.....nWo!!! :)

I left work early to get a jump on traffic. Rather leave at 4:30 and get home in 20-25 mins vs leave at 7a and get home at 8:30a!

Roads are snow covered and wet in the slow lanes where they have salted. Heavier snow and sleet accums will be in the southern 1/3rd of the commonwealth based on radar returns so far in the last few hours. Going to get messier the closer to the KY/TN border.

Be safe and enjoy extra quality time with the kids today! :thumb: I'm passing the baton to our bgp meteorologist, the man, the magical weather wizard.....nWo!!! :)

:laugh:

I do have to chuckle...dry air has moved and this hickup is winding down quickly. Aside from the KY/TN border this clipper is struggling to produce 1" +.

I remember back in the 70s and 80s we had no delays or snowdays unless there was 4" + on the ground. How on Gods good earth did we survive that??? :lol2:

Enjoy the french toast and have a Happy Hump Day!!!

Left for work at 5:35; got to work just after 6. 275 and 471 weren't great, but they had been treated. As soon as I crossed into Ohio it was as if this storm popped out of nowhere with no notice. Stoplights out, roads not even the least bit touched by crews. It was bad. Idiots.

It's still coming down steadily here in Louisville. It's at least edging up on 1-1/2" here right now if it's not there already.

...and how many times did you have school at covcath called off for under less than 2" of snow ???

My point is before folks became more litigious, and more distracted with cell phones, CDs, etc....we went to school back then under much worse conditions.

We had 8 track, cassette, radio, and a goal not to be late for homeroom or else! :)

...and how many times did you have school at covcath called off for under less than 2" of snow ???

My point is before folks became more litigious, and more distracted with cell phones, CDs, etc....we went to school back then under much worse conditions.

We had 8 track, cassette, radio, and a goal not to be late for homeroom or else! :)

I don't disagree with you.

I think it's largely a product of people being more litigious, like you said. My mother in law is a school administrator, and she always talks about the fact that when they do cancel/postpone school, they get complaints from parents about having to make arrangements for their kids, and if they don't cancel/postpone, they get complaints from parents about having to make their way to and from school in the treacherous weather. They can't win.

I don't disagree with you.

I think it's largely a product of people being more litigious, like you said. My mother in law is a school administrator, and she always talks about the fact that when they do cancel/postpone school, they get complaints from parents about having to make arrangements for their kids, and if they don't cancel/postpone, they get complaints from parents about having to make their way to and from school in the treacherous weather. They can't win.

Just another sign of our society not looking out for one another as they did back when we were younger. Folks had more tolerance, compromised, and crossed boundaries because it was simply what we did. Now we complain too easily, are way too entitled, and are unwilling to make short term sacrifices for long term gain! In other words folks had back ups for a back up if and when school was called off to have a responsible person watch their kid, because of solid social relationships.

I can certainly empathize with your Mother in Laws position. Good Lord she let her daughter marry you! :lol2: