Fitness clubs with rowing machines

Fire Inside

If you think a rower is overrated you aren't using it right.
Ok. Maybe overrated wasn't the right word. It is a good machine, don't get me wrong, but its sort of a complicated movement that I've seen numerous people struggle with, whereas with my favorite the Jacob's ladder, there isn't really a form that you have to worry about, you just sort of get on it and go.

First time I've heard of this. Looks intense, where in NKY?

I think the Crunch Fitness over by Home Depot off Houston Road has them. I know they have the giant stair steppers that are made by the same company as the Jacobs ladder, but I'm pretty sure they have a Jacobs ladder too.

Ok. Maybe overrated wasn't the right word. It is a good machine, don't get me wrong, but its sort of a complicated movement that I've seen numerous people struggle with, whereas with my favorite the Jacob's ladder, there isn't really a form that you have to worry about, you just sort of get on it and go.

Not sure what kind of rower you are using but nothing complicated about it at all. There is certain form you need to use to be more efficient but that is no different than running or biking. That's the biggest mistake I see people at the Y making when they jump on them, they just grab the handle and start pulling, basically fighting the machine.

Not sure what kind of rower you are using but nothing complicated about it at all. There is certain form you need to use to be more efficient but that is no different than running or biking. That's the biggest mistake I see people at the Y making when they jump on them, they just grab the handle and start pulling, basically fighting the machine.

I'm not saying I struggle with it. I'm saying people using it for the first time struggle with it because they don't know the proper form. It's like you said, people just get on and start pulling or the opposite they just push off with their legs and keep their arms extended the whole time. That's my only flaw with it. We're on the same page for the most part. Sorry for the confusion.