Highlands in 3A in 2007???

jbwill2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ read above.

For what it's worth I have ALWAYS respected HHS and think that they could make some noise in an upper class, in 2000 our two losses were to HHS and H, imagine if they had played in that state championship game. Besides, even though this sounds weird, if HHS played up a class or two, it could bring them even more exposure and even MORE success.

Maybe, maybe not, but I am MORE impressed with Mayfield, and especially Danville for doing so.

why Danville because they play crosstown Boyle every year. During Beechwoods run they played Cov Cath year in and year out and one most of the time. What has Mayfield and Danville accomplished that Beechwood hasn't. Oh that's right Beechwood and Highlands are from NKY and we have no clue about High School Football. Just ask former Lex Cath football coach Bob Sphire what town you have to go through to win the 3A State Championship. I bet he says Ft Thomas!!!!!

^ read above.

For what it's worth I have ALWAYS respected HHS and think that they could make some noise in an upper class, in 2000 our two losses were to HHS and H, imagine if they had played in that state championship game. Besides, even though this sounds weird, if HHS played up a class or two, it could bring them even more exposure and even MORE success.

Sorry you type faster than me. After reading your post i might not be that fired up as i am right now:madman:

I also like the idea of going to the 5A with all the local teams there. I would hate to lose the CCH district rivalry either way. Maybe we could talk both schools to going 5A.
That would be the very best outcome!

Maybe Dale could offer to match CCH 2 for 1 in play-ups. :thumb:

^ read above.

Oddly enough, I agree with you, somewhat.

I don't think you're saying HHS was cowardly for playing where they have. Just that it would be "cowardly" not to play up if given the opportunity with the new alignment.

Oddly enough, I agree with you, somewhat.

I don't think you're saying HHS was cowardly for playing where they have. Just that it would be "cowardly" not to play up if given the opportunity with the new alignment.

That's it....and maybe I used poor verbage...but I respect them, and think that it is darned impressive to beat teh bigger schools....why not do it, when you know that you have in the past and likely would in the future?

That's it....and maybe I used poor verbage...but I respect them, and think that it is darned impressive to beat teh bigger schools....why not do it, when you know that you have in the past and likely would in the future?

Get off it Rockpride......Highlands is noted for being a football powerhouse throughout the state, its true. They have played tough schedules as far back as I can remember. However this class thing pans out, they have no control over it. So if they end up in 3A so be it. They still will play the 4A and 5A schools...not to mention a 6A here and there. Oh and schools from the GCL in Cincinnati.

What school do you support and how many state titles have they won? just curious.