Highlands in 3A in 2007???

jbwill2

I was under the impression that Highlands was going to be in 4A under the new 6-class system, along with teams like CovCath, Boyle County, and LexCath. But in the thread about LexCath and Boyle County being in the same district, there is a link to the proposed class and district alignments for 2007, and Highlands is listed in 3A. Is this true? Just looking over the teams in 3A and 4A, I would have to say (and I know that some of my fellow Birds fans will totally disagree with me on this) that I hope it is true, and that HHS does not play up a class. Because if that proposed alignment stands, Highlands better be calling in the carpenter to install a few more trophy shelves to the football trophy case, cause they could very realistically rattle off 5 straight titles in that new alignment. Go 'Birds... win more titles!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ hence the watered down title. They may get them, but it would show cowardess in my opinion.

How so??? It's not as if Highlands would be playing down a class. They would be playing in their assigned class. What is the point of having classes anyway, if it's not to group equal-sized programs together for competitive equity? Heck, should Highlands just play all the way up, and go into 6A in 2007... would anything less than that be cowardly??????

If a team plays in its assigned class and wins titles, how can that be cowardly???

I suppose that in previous years, all football titles outside of 4A have been "watered down," since if football was run like basketball is in this state, there would be only one champ, and very likely, it would be a 4A team for about every year.

Rock, I don't know where you get the cowardness at, but, whatever! JB, being a former player at HHS, I myself hope that they play up in 4A just for the reason of better competition. If they do stay in 3A, yes they will win a lot. And it is watered down. Heck, looking at 5A I think HHS could compete every year for a title there also. It would go a lot farther for arguments sake IMO to say you're 4A or 5A champs for HHS than being 3A champs. Here's hoping they move up!

^ hence the watered down title. They may get them, but it would show cowardess in my opinion.

Week 1. Dixie 2. Conner 3. St. X Louisville 4. Cincinnati Moeller 5. Pulaski SW. 6. Columbus St. Francis de Sales. Bye 7. Madison Central 8. Grant Co. (Dist) 9. S.Oldham (Dist) 10. CovCath Dist. Show me cowardice! HHS will continue to play a top notch schedule no matter what class they are in. I can't believe HHS and cowardice are in the same post. Sacrilige!

You need to get out more. This has been discussed over and over in about a dozen threads.

Here's a link to why, HHS enrollement was averaged for the last two years. They went down dramatically in enrollement this past year and thus that is why they have dropped down. They are the largest school in the new 3A proposed class. They are also planning on submitting paperword in order to play up to 4A as well.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/

That's great!!!!! Do you think Highlands playing the schedule they play year in and year out is cowardness. You need to start thinking a little bit more outside I 264. So you think in 2007, the organizers of the football festival at Paul Brown Stadium will not invite Highlands because they are playing in a watered down class. No!!!! They will call Highlands because they are the only one in Northern Ky besides the team from Park Hills:D that will play anybody they match them up with. Yeah, Highlands might and probably will take a butt whoopin, but they want a team that will bring it's town to cincy and possibly a fan or two from the ky side of the river. They know Highlands is going to come ready to play and will not make any excuses. Watered Down, What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally would like to see Highlands play in the 5a class which would allow them to play more local teams instead of the 100 mile average they will be looking at in 3a. The Boys are always willing to accept the challenge!!!