Best College Prospect in the 14region

To best D-1 prospect is Garrison Collins, he's a 6'10 sophomore, you can't teach size but he does need alot of development...but IMO he's the best prospect...He could be 7'1 or 7'2 before he graduates.

What school?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to him playing college ball not his height...I was saying he would more than likely play at a small school(NAIA, NCAA D-II OR III).
lol sorry I misread what you said. Some one was talking about another players heighth and I was cofused:lol:

IF you can play does size really matter?

Obvisously it helps, but I have seen some nice 6 foot posts. At the high school level.

I don't think size really matters at the HS level, at this level it would probabily be better to have a good 6'2-6'4 Center who can play than have a 6'6-6'8 player who is average. At the collge level it does matter because at that level you have guys 6'4-6'5 220lbs playing the 2 guard and you rarely see a center smaller than 6'8, but of course at that level players are stronger and more skilled, that why at the HS level you hear the word "Potential" thrown around so much. Just my opinion on this however.

I agree. Sometimes I think we sell our mountain kids short based on their size. I recall Dicky Beal, Richie Farmer, Deron Ferldhaus, John Phelprey, Jeff Brassow,Phil Cox, Chris Loften......all being referred to as undersized. Seems like most of them made the most and had nice careers. You can not measure heart and desire, throw in a little of ability and you have the right combination for success. I wish all these kids the best. I just hate to see posters argue if someone is 5'9 or 5'11....does it really matter?:lol:

• 3 weeks later...