Best College Prospect in the 14region

June Buchanan has 4 or 5 kids that will play college ball at some level but it

really takes a special player to play at the D1 level. The main thing these high school kids need to focus on is getting a good education because the chances of them making a living playing basketball is almost zero.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying Clark Stepp because of his size and the positition he plays, he handes the ball well and gets to the basket but needs to develope a consistant shot. His height helps him see and shoot over his defender in this region but it wont be that easy at the next level. Justin Hicks would be my next choice just becasue he plays extremely hard, shoots the ball well and seems to have a real sense of the game. Not a bad pg or even a 2guard on a small college team.

I'm saying Clark Stepp because of his size and the positition he plays, he handes the ball well and gets to the basket but needs to develope a consistant shot. His height helps him see and shoot over his defender in this region but it wont be that easy at the next level. Justin Hicks would be my next choice just becasue he plays extremely hard, shoots the ball well and seems to have a real sense of the game. Not a bad pg or even a 2guard on a small college team.
Stepp still has 2 years to play high school ball, so how can you look ahead that far and say what he will be able to do at the end of his high school years ?

I looked into my crystal ball and seen him playing basketball at a college, no name no identity but it was college and it was Stepp.

On a real not, Watching the region last year that is the only players I seen that have the best chance IMO at getting looked at by a high profile college. There are some others but them 2 are my top prospects.

Last year, a couple players went to Alice Lloyd and small D2 were prolly as big as they ever got looked at.

Year before last, 2 went to Alice lloyd and one went to Berea but each were being looked at by some D1.

Year before, had one go D1 and a bunch go for football at some d1 schools.

So who knows now, but them are my top prospects.

Justin Hicks and Clark Stepp both have opportunities to play d-1 ball. Hicks is a pure shooter and works hard on both ends. All colleges need someone like that, hard to turn down, the only thing that may keep him out of d-1 is his height. I think the Stepp kid, will grow and be about 6'6'' or so before he graduates and will improve tremendously in 3 more years. They should both get the opportunity to represent Eastern Ky at a D-1 college!

Justin Hicks and Clark Stepp both have opportunities to play d-1 ball. Hicks is a pure shooter and works hard on both ends. All colleges need someone like that, hard to turn down, the only thing that may keep him out of d-1 is his height. I think the Stepp kid, will grow and be about 6'6'' or so before he graduates and will improve tremendously in 3 more years. They should both get the opportunity to represent Eastern Ky at a D-1 college!

Said even better than myself,:thumb:

I haven't seen anyone in the 14th that can play in Division I basketball. There are several who may be able to play Div II, or NAIA ball. It takes someone special to make it to a DI basketball program.

I think so too, but on the other hand I think quite a few would be able to play at that level.

I looked into my crystal ball and seen him playing basketball at a college, no name no identity but it was college and it was Stepp.

On a real not, Watching the region last year that is the only players I seen that have the best chance IMO at getting looked at by a high profile college. There are some others but them 2 are my top prospects.

Last year, a couple players went to Alice Lloyd and small D2 were prolly as big as they ever got looked at.

Year before last, 2 went to Alice lloyd and one went to Berea but each were being looked at by some D1.

Year before, had one go D1 and a bunch go for football at some d1 schools.

So who knows now, but them are my top prospects.

From the 05-06 class I know that Daniel Day (Leslie) & Tyler Rich (Lee) are both playing for Alice Lloyd College this upcoming season. Who else from the class of 05-06 will be playing @ the next level?

Cody Gilbert (Wolfe)

Alex Williams (Letcher)

Robert Paul Amis (Perry Central)

????

From the 05-06 class I know that Daniel Day (Leslie) & Tyler Rich (Lee) are both playing for Alice Lloyd College this upcoming season. Who else from the class of 05-06 will be playing @ the next level?

Cody Gilbert (Wolfe)

Alex Williams (Letcher)

Robert Paul Amis (Perry Central)

????

Gilbert is playing at Transy(D3) last I heard. I also heard that Alex wasnt playing ball anywhere but that could very possibly be wrong.Seems like I also heard that Stamper from wolfe last year is playing at UV Wise(I believe D2 NAIA , possibly D3), not for sure if its basketball or baseball but I believe I heard Basketball.