Best College Prospect in the 14region

I think Stepp is the only D-1 prospect in the 14th at this time. His size and contacts his family has make him a possibilty.

I'd don't see it, he can play but I dont see a DI school taking a chance on him. His family does have some contacts but he's really not very athletic and he's not fast enough at this point. He's pretty akward also, but that normal for kids who are still growing. The strength of his game is his basketball IQ and his hard nosed play. But he would have to do something to standout to a DI scout and thats hard for me to invision. He'd be a better fit at a small school, unless his family can get him a walk-on oppertunity somewhere.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, you have to know the kids. Some work hard everyday, to improve their game, some don't. Some know the game , some don't have a clue. Some will do the hard things, because they know it will help them down the road, some won't. Some have a goal, and they work toward that goal everyday of their lives because it is their desire. Some don't. Some have god given talent and attributes and waste it, some work harder to take advantage of what has been given to them. Some have goals and work toward that goal every day, some would rather goof off. Look to the ones who have a goal. D 1 is not out of their reach.

:thumb:

First of all, you have to know the kids. Some work hard everyday, to improve their game, some don't. Some know the game , some don't have a clue. Some will do the hard things, because they know it will help them down the road, some won't. Some have a goal, and they work toward that goal everyday of their lives because it is their desire. Some don't. Some have god given talent and attributes and waste it, some work harder to take advantage of what has been given to them. Some have goals and work toward that goal every day, some would rather goof off. Look to the ones who have a goal. D 1 is not out of their reach.

:thumb: Good post! I know of a few players in the 14th that have a good shot at playing D1 if they want it bad enough,work hard,and get seen by the right people.

This applies to everyone. It is out of reach for few, not all D1 players are 6'6'' and can stick their elbow in the rim. Hard work pays off and D1 is nothing but a few more hours in the gym everyday, but that is the factor that sets us all apart. Thousands of past players proved this theory from day 1. Take a natural born athlete that is lazy and give me a player that loves the game and is fully dedicated to the game and Ill give you a Big Game Player that'll beat him 9 out of 10 times, because a lot of times it takes nuttin more than heart and the will of "want to", to outplay a waste of God given talent.Seen it done thousands of times over years. You cant teach athleticism but you cant ask for anything more than a player that'll (as my old coach use to say) "run through a wall" without question.

if JBS and their three D-1 prospects cant win this region then something is wrong. I doubt any team ever in the 14th region has had three D-1 prospects on the team at one time or I even wonder if there is a 14th region school that has ever produced 3 D-1 players in school history except Hazard. Are we talking about the best team of all time in the region? If this is the case at JBS then they shouldnt lose a game this year and walk out of the region.

if JBS and their three D-1 prospects cant win this region then something is wrong. I doubt any team ever in the 14th region has had three D-1 prospects on the team at one time or I even wonder if there is a 14th region school that has ever produced 3 D-1 players in school history except Hazard. Are we talking about the best team of all time in the region? If this is the case at JBS then they shouldnt lose a game this year and walk out of the region.

This is going way back but in 1953 Hazard had 3 D-1 players; Roscoe Shackleford went to University of Louisville, John Evans Bowling and John Quillen went to Virginia Tech.

No one can predict how this year will go. If every player will play their best and there are no injuries we might see a little into the future, if every coach and every ref will do their best and give every kid a fair shake, we might be able to see a little into the future. If every kid will know they can always get better and not get full of themselves, that would be a miracle in its self. Just know there is always somebody out there that can beat you on any given night, we might be able to look ahead. There may be some D1 players in the 14th, guess we will just have to wait and see.

No one can predict how this year will go. If every player will play their best and there are no injuries we might see a little into the future, if every coach and every ref will do their best and give every kid a fair shake, we might be able to see a little into the future. If every kid will know they can always get better and not get full of themselves, that would be a miracle in its self. Just know there is always somebody out there that can beat you on any given night, we might be able to look ahead. There may be some D1 players in the 14th, guess we will just have to wait and see.

What ?? This post makes no since to me....seems like common since to me...you have a crystal ball??

I could be wrong, but a team with 3 D1 players in the 14th would have NO competition. Same players were at JBS last season and it didn't happen. That's just reality. They do have some good players, and they do have a good coach and probably a good conditioning program. They should have high expectations, but even one solid D1 player would dominate the 14th, and should have last year. Cody Gilbert was the best in the region last year, and he wasn't a 'solid' D1.

I could be wrong, but a team with 3 D1 players in the 14th would have NO competition. Same players were at JBS last season and it didn't happen. That's just reality. They do have some good players, and they do have a good coach and probably a good conditioning program. They should have high expectations, but even one solid D1 player would dominate the 14th, and should have last year. Cody Gilbert was the best in the region last year, and he wasn't a 'solid' D1.
Collins got his leg broke last year, so I don't know how much difference a 6'8" center would make . No one knows how this year will go. There are some good teams from the 14th. I have no clue if there are any D1 players out there.

As good a player that Cody was in high school, he went Division III. That tells something right there. It takes a special player to be a Div I prospect much less actually receive a Div I scholarship. Currently I don't think anyone in the 14th Region is a true Div I prospect. Not saying that could change in the near future.