Comparing Well Known Small Schools With College Programs

ATLCat

I agree. But thinking about hazard you could compare them to an Ohio State or a Tennessee.

Not sure Ohio State is fair considering they have won multiple National Titles and are considered one of the Top 5 programs in College Football

Tennessee is a little closer considering they also have multiple titles, but I would also consider that a stretch. At least with Tennessee only one of those Titles has came in the modern era. Still think Montana gives the best picture of Hazard with respect to the world they play in.

Not sure Ohio State is fair considering they have won multiple National Titles and are considered one of the Top 5 programs in College Football

Tennessee is a little closer considering they also have multiple titles, but I would also consider that a stretch. At least with Tennessee only one of those Titles has came in the modern era. Still think Montana gives the best picture of Hazard with respect to the world they play in.

Yes I agree. But Ohio State is good but usually get beat by better teams and feast off a weak schedule. Hazard has beefed there schedule up over the few year but this years schedule was weak because certain team are down compared to years past and so on.

Tenneessee has 1 title to my knowledge and been a contender before but not for a few years and is on the rise and will be for a few years. An that's what Hazard should be on the next 4 years.

Hazard has 3 years back in 1928,1930, and 1936 they were undefeated and who knows those could be titles or should be titles.

This year's Simon Kenton shows that an undefeated regular season is not equivalent to a state title. Besides none of the schools have 'titles' from before 1959 because any performance during that time is subjective and open to debate.

This year's Simon Kenton shows that an undefeated regular season is not equivalent to a state title. Besides none of the schools have 'titles' from before 1959 because any performance during that time is subjective and open to debate.

Two of those years in think Hazard was the only undefeated team. In 1930 Hazard and Danville both were undefeated. So that could be a good title game back then..

Rockcastle = Nebraska

Used to have a great coach

Winning tradition

Feared

Many conf titles

Uniform the same

Now

No one fears them

Losing seasons

No one cares

Not much support

The difference would be no state titles.

Nebraska won 5

Enjoying this thread. Haven't seen any 4A schools mentioned, maybe someone is working on that. What about Franklin-Simpson? Maybe Penn State...couple of titles 30+ years ago, several runner-up finishes. Always seem to be pretty good with some talent, but not quite championship level nowadays.

Rockcastle = Nebraska

Used to have a great coach

Winning tradition

Feared

Many conf titles

Uniform the same

Now

No one fears them

Losing seasons

No one cares

Not much support

The difference would be no state titles.

Nebraska won 5

Yeah, but did Nebraska ever put a running clock on Highlands?