Lebron Signs Lifetime Deal with Nike

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Nike has done their research, but does the LeBron brand carry the same cache as Jordan's brand? I am still amazed how much Jordan stuff there is.

Not yet, however, no elementary-age kids are aware of Jordan's game, or his shoes. That probably gives LeBron a bump in sales when those kids are spending their tips on shoes in 10-15 years. Then again, I'm no market analyst.

Not yet, however, no elementary-age kids are aware of Jordan's game, or his shoes. That probably gives LeBron a bump in sales when those kids are spending their tips on shoes in 10-15 years. Then again, I'm no market analyst.

Are you sure about this? Keep in mind Jordan has been out of basketball for 13 years, and not really Jordan in 18 years. Kids in college were 5-9 years old at his retirement. You know a little bit, but you really don't know what is going on at that age. They grew up on LeBron, KD, Kobe, etc., but, the Jordan brand is still HUGE. Again, those folks are smarter than me so I am sure they know what they're doing.

Are you sure about this? Keep in mind Jordan has been out of basketball for 13 years, and not really Jordan in 18 years. Kids in college were 5-9 years old at his retirement. You know a little bit, but you really don't know what is going on at that age. They grew up on LeBron, KD, Kobe, etc., but, the Jordan brand is still HUGE. Again, those folks are smarter than me so I am sure they know what they're doing.

Next time you are around a group of kids that age looks how many of them are wearing UA now.

Next time you are around a group of kids that age looks how many of them are wearing UA now.

Yup. Steph will take a large chunk of the market as well. Jordan will continue to sell shoes until the day I die, and will remain ahead of everybody else for some time to come, but in a time where it is trendy to be un-trendy, people are giving up on Jordans, simply because of how many people like Jordan. I really hate my generation. I'll just keep buying my Reeboks and lining AI's pockets.