Lebron Signs Lifetime Deal with Nike

Under Armour or is that a type of shoe?

Yes. Steph Curry wears Under Armour shoes. Under Armour is also beginning to make waves in AAU basketball and are becoming one of THE shoe companies. Just speculating but I think UA could be #3 behind Nike and Adidas for basketball shoes.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to Jordan vs Lebrons in shoes.....old heads like myself still wear and tout Jordans so that carries clout. In 20 years old heads like my kids will be wearing Lebrons like we currently wear Jordans. Kobes and KDs may have some life(think Penny's that still do well) but Lebron's deal with Nike is genius. He has basically guaranteed that his shoes will have staying power similar to the Jordan Brand. My grandson will want to rock Lebrons and no Jordans.

In regards to Jordan vs Lebrons in shoes.....old heads like myself still wear and tout Jordans so that carries clout. In 20 years old heads like my kids will be wearing Lebrons like we currently wear Jordans. Kobes and KDs may have some life(think Penny's that still do well) but Lebron's deal with Nike is genius. He has basically guaranteed that his shoes will have staying power similar to the Jordan Brand. My grandson will want to rock Lebrons and no Jordans.
That was more so my question. Do we think the LeBron "brand" will ever overtake Jordan's brand?

^ I just don't see Lebron having that same star power into his 40s and 50s. He needs to add A LOT more to his legacy.

That is where I am. Jordan brand is still mega-huge in his 50s. I just don't know if LeBron has that type of adoration.

^ I just don't see Lebron having that same star power into his 40s and 50s. He needs to add A LOT more to his legacy.

Not when it comes to shoes. As parents we wanted our kids to look fresh so we bought our kids Jordans. Everyone's kids had on Jordans. My kids now want the new Lebrons whenever they come out. My youngest has never had or wanted a pair of Jordans but he has had and wanted Lebrons, Kobes and KDs.

My oldest is a sneaker head and he always wants whatever the newest shoes out are. His favorites are his Sprite Lebrons and his Kobes. He's had one or two pairs of Jordans. Kids want them all but Lebron, Kobe and KD mean more to the kids than MJ. In 40 years those kids will be saturating the market. They ain't gonna be putting Jordans on their kids. They'll be putting Lebrons on them.

Not when it comes to shoes. As parents we wanted our kids to look fresh so we bought our kids Jordans. Everyone's kids had on Jordans. My kids now want the new Lebrons whenever they come out. My youngest has never had or wanted a pair of Jordans but he has had and wanted Lebrons, Kobes and KDs.

My oldest is a sneaker head and he always wants whatever the newest shoes out are. His favorites are his Sprite Lebrons and his Kobes. He's had one or two pairs of Jordans. Kids want them all but Lebron, Kobe and KD mean more to the kids than MJ. In 40 years those kids will be saturating the market. They ain't gonna be putting Jordans on their kids. They'll be putting Lebrons on them.

That is just because you have indoctrinated them to hate Jordan.

That is just because you have indoctrinated them to hate Jordan.

:lol2:

I wish.

Nah, they like Duke and I indoctrinated that love but when it comes to MJ they never saw him play so he doesn't mean a whole lot to them. All they have is highlights of MJ. They never have seen him play like they have seen Lebron, Kobe, Russ, Steph, KD, Wade, James Harden. I think my youngest saw an old replay of an MJ game and he was talking about how good he was. I said he did that every game. They know I hate him but they never got to watch him so they don't care about MJ.

:lol2:

I wish.

Nah, they like Duke and I indoctrinated that love but when it comes to MJ they never saw him play so he doesn't mean a whole lot to them. All they have is highlights of MJ. They never have seen him play like they have seen Lebron, Kobe, Russ, Steph, KD, Wade, James Harden. I think my youngest saw an old replay of an MJ game and he was talking about how good he was. I said he did that every game. They know I hate him but they never got to watch him so they don't care about MJ.

Let's hope they have BGP and can see your awesome avatar.