BGP Fantasy Football League ~ Playoffs – Round One

Godot

Ran by the same person, where in one league everyone is on equal ground versus this league. If I get the fifth pick, I get the fifth best player. In this league, if I have the fifth pick, I get about the 25th best player. That is my point that no one sees.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ran by the same person, where in one league everyone is on equal ground versus this league. If I get the fifth pick, I get the fifth best player. In this league, if I have the fifth pick, I get about the 25th best player. That is my point that no one sees.

We see your point, it just makes no sense. This is a keeper league, and has been since it was started. If you didn't want any part of that, you shouldn't have joined.

You do realize in a 32 team league, you are the only person that constantly complains about everything, right? It gets old. Fast...

I totally see it. But I also think that you should embrace the challenge. I've won leagues before elsewhere and didn't get the thrill from that like I did just making the playoffs last year. Just because you get a great keeper doesn't mean they're going to pay off all the time. Take Le'Veon Bell, for instance, or those who kept Peyton.

Hell, Rocket somehow ended up with 15 of the top 18 running backs and look what that got him. :D

In Godot's defense on the $ league. He didn't come up with the league. Several members did and we asked/elected him to be the commissioner because of the superb job he does with this league.

Don't think I lost my mind but if I don't stand up for yourself, who will. Very few agreed with me. Just gets old getting short end of the stick from draft to playoffs. But then again, no one cares about my concerns. Why is this league a two keeper league and 80% league is no keeper?
Apples and Oranges

The Sunday Morning Line

(Game point spread is in parentheses)

Auxier RiverRats * at Brush Creek Rusty Ankles (-6.0)

Huggs Thuggs * (-2.0) at Florence Fighters *

Sunfish SubVet at Boyle County Killa Bees (-3.0)

Latonia Thoroughbreds (-7.0) at Possum Trot WarHogs

Maysville Split Ends at Atwood Fighting' Amish * (-4.0)

West Paducah Rabbit Fists * at Jungle Junkies (-11.0)

Jabez Sasquatch (-11.0) at Mauk Ridge Maniacs

Sawville GymShoes at Ocala Possums ® (-10.0)

Maysville Mud Hens at Los Pollos Hermanos ® (-26.0)

Northern Kentucky Colonels at West Kentucky Rams (-4.0)

Stanton Bums at Hebron Hobbos (-1.0)

For the record, the 80% league is a league I put together. Godot was asked to run it because I have family and friends in the league who are not part of BGP. We didn't want any perceptions developing if there were issues. Plus Godot has the website routine down.

While Godot is the commish for the BGP league, he also has a 4-5 member committee that helps with league issues.

No one person is making any decisions in either league.

Also, I don't know if this has been discussed but after the game the points were not there. Then next morning, points were there and then later gone. How did they show up and then disappear?

I spoke with Godot about this. He made the change and then backed it out. Knee jerk reaction thinking it was the right thing to do. But then reversed it because he realized he couldn't just make the change without a league review.

Bottom line is Godot is in charge of both leagues, but he doesn't make impactful decisions on his own.

Uu

This is the attitude that I am talking about. Is this necessary. I play because

I love it and the NFL. That does' mean I have to be treated badly. If you want me out I sure you have the votes. You guys can believe it or not, but top 6-8 teams play for championships and the rest play to stay in the league. That is a fact.

This is what made the league so exciting for me. For five years I played to stay in the league then I started getting better and now have myself a *. Staying out of the bottom four made it more challenging.

I disagree. I won the American Conference one season but lost in the Bluegrass Bowl. I would have had the 16th pick if I had kept two the next season. I decided to keep zero players, ended up getting AP and Gronk and that season I won the American and the Bluegrass Bowl. The draft is more than just your first two players.

Now personally if you want to complain about the free agent process I'm down, I think we should implement blind bidding. If you are one of the best teams you better draft well and hope for extreme luck like I had with my Buck Allen pickup.