BGP Fantasy Football League ~ Playoffs – Round One

Godot

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't watch the game, I'll have to look into it. It may have been recorded as some odd scoring method that I haven't accounted for.

Wouldn't be a rushing TD since it was technically a fumble recovery. CBS Sportsline didn't give Cobb credit for rushing TD either.

Not that we have to do what ESPN does, but they gave credit to Cobb for the TD. I'm playing against him and that will sum up my season if I lose cause a guy recovered a fumble for a TD on a night when he didn't do anything haha!

I believe that Yahoo credited it as a TD for Cobb as well.

NFL.com lists it as a Fumble recovery for a TD. We have never had a need for this option to be added to the rules.

I may have to pull the rules committee together for a decision on this one.

Are you guys serious? A TD is a TD. If a player scores a TD anyway, it is a TD. What is there to think about. I got him in both leagues. This is not right fellows. That counts, everybody knows it. Regular season is one thing, but this is the playoffs!

NFL.com lists it as a Fumble recovery for a TD. We have never had a need for this option to be added to the rules.

I may have to pull the rules committee together for a decision on this one.

You don't need rules committee. This is a no-brainier!!!! Ask yourself this question. Did Cobb score a TD? Would Packers have that TD if it wasn't for Cobb? I bet it counted on his stats.

A TD is a TD. It does not matter how it is scored. NFL.comshows Cobb scored a Touch down. This is an easy one. He is not the first guy to recover a fumble in the end zone. I know this has happened before.
Sumo, I agree with you, a TD is a TD and I would be wanting it also. But as Commissioner I can't just change what we have been doing for years. We haven't scored a offensive fumble recovery for a TD in this league for the last eight years or so, as long as we have been using the MFL software.

If I had ever added it, it would still be listed, and below is what we score on.

12-04-a.JPG