Interesting Stat About Andy Dalton That You Might Not Know...

I wouldn't say the running has been weak this year. I think the play calling has been the biggest hinders nice to the running game this year. Yesterday was a perfect example. You have your RB averaging close to 10'yards a carry in the first half and then don't use him. That was the problem with the running game.

I can agree... But the point being, he hasn't had a lot of help with the running game.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can agree... But the point being, he hasn't had a lot of help with the running game.

I believe the Bengals were in the top 10 in the NFL in rushing after their first 5 games. Not to mention Gio was in the top 5 in the NFL in yards per carry and top 10 in yards going into this last game.

The passing game gets more notice because of how exciting it is. However the running game for the Bengals has been better than most teams for most of the year. Which is saying something because Hill has only shown glimpses of what he is capable of.

One more example of a stat telling us nothing about an individual player.

Wins tells me all I need to know... Find a way to win. Let's see if he can add post season wins to his resume before his career is over... That's the thing.

Anderson was here for over a decade and won 2 playoff games... Boomer won 3, Palmer none.

To date Andy has none... Let's see how many, if any, he has when his career is finished. That's the

Only stat that matters to me.

If you care about other stats have at it... He holds up very well... Winning percentage, road wins, passing yards, td's, playoff appearances...

Even if you want to bring up playoff ineptitude... He's right there with all Bengal QB's.. The franchise has struggled mightily in the playoffs...

Anderson and Esiason each had one good playoff run...

Maybe this is Dalton's year... Maybe. Even if it isn't, he has several years left to have a good playoff run. Story is still being written.

Dalton won't get credit for anything the Bengal's do and I don't understand why. He came into the league and had not much of an off season due to lockout (or whatever it was) and has led the team to the Playoffs EVERY year. He has been better each year which is what a player is supposed to do, improve.

It's always talk about how good everyone is around him. Well, his great devense didn't show up when they gave up over 200 yards rushing in one playoff. Was it his fault when Gio fumbled on the goal line right before halftime when it would have put them up two scores? Is it his fault half the team was injured and missed the Indy playoff game last year?

He has had his bad moments as well but people are crazy to think most is his fault. His name is listed in the top 5 of many stats of all time QB's in their first four years.

I will never understand how fans can't enjoy a winning team, even if the TEAM came up short in the Playoff games. Maybe I just remember the lost decade more than others.

I will enjoy every snap of the season!!

Dalton won't get credit for anything the Bengal's do and I don't understand why. He came into the league and had not much of an off season due to lockout (or whatever it was) and has led the team to the Playoffs EVERY year. He has been better each year which is what a player is supposed to do, improve.

It's always talk about how good everyone is around him. Well, his great devense didn't show up when they gave up over 200 yards rushing in one playoff. Was it his fault when Gio fumbled on the goal line right before halftime when it would have put them up two scores? Is it his fault half the team was injured and missed the Indy playoff game last year?

He has had his bad moments as well but people are crazy to think most is his fault. His name is listed in the top 5 of many stats of all time QB's in their first four years.

I will never understand how fans can't enjoy a winning team, even if the TEAM came up short in the Playoff games. Maybe I just remember the lost decade more than others.

I will enjoy every snap of the season!!

GREAT POST!

I'm convinced that people get on here and hate that Dalton has played better than they thought he would and they don't want to be wrong... Maybe they wanted a different QB in the draft that year or whatever.

I'll admit I didn't think much of the kid coming out of TCU... He still has yet to be apart of a playoff winning team.

But like you, I'll enjoy watching this kid and the team exceed my expectations.

Who knows, maybe with this team and coaching staff Jeff Blake could win more games. Idk and don't really care. Past is the past.

Dalton is the QB now and let's hope he keeps exceeding expectations.

Trent Dilfers career isn't close to what Dalton has done so far... He does have a Super Bowl ring though.

Are you honestly gonna say, just using your eyes that Dalton isn't a better QB than Dilfer was?

I'm saying you can't judge a QB by W/L. Dilfer with a ring proves it.

• 1 month later...
A rather eye-opening stat for the many Dalton doubters(of which I have been one) out there:

With Cincy's road win over Pittsburgh on Sunday, Andy has tied the NFL record for the most ROAD wins by a quarterback in his first 5 years in the Super Bowl era. Andy now has 23 road wins in his first five years in the league and still has the entire second half of this year to become the sole record holder in this category. Pretty impressive ...

Dalton sets the new record with the road win in Cleveland today.... Plus, he's now only the 2nd QB to throw for over 3,000 yards in his first 5 seasons... Peyton Manning is the other... And interesting fact, Manning didn't win a Playoff game until his 6th season. Let's hope Andy does it finally in his 5th. :)

Okay Clyde... Fair statement.

So I pose the question...

Why is Andy Dalton only judged on W/L in 4 playoff games and a few night games?

I can answer. He is judged based on that because he has had one of the top 5 rosters in the NFL during his time. So especially for the first four years it looked like the Bengals won more despite if him rather than because of him. Then typically in prime time games and playoff games when teams were close to as talented he failed and failed bad. Not only did he fail but he also looked very scared of the moment. Was it always all him, nope. But when your qb looks scared in those moments its a bad thing.

With that said the big thing I like about Dalton this year is his demeanor has changed. He looks confident like he believes he can get it done. So its very fair to judge him on that, but he also has a chance to change that hopefully starting this year.

I can answer. He is judged based on that because he has had one of the top 5 rosters in the NFL during his time. So especially for the first four years it looked like the Bengals won more despite if him rather than because of him. Then typically in prime time games and playoff games when teams were close to as talented he failed and failed bad. Not only did he fail but he also looked very scared of the moment. Was it always all him, nope. But when your qb looks scared in those moments its a bad thing.

With that said the big thing I like about Dalton this year is his demeanor has changed. He looks confident like he believes he can get it done. So its very fair to judge him on that, but he also has a chance to change that hopefully starting this year.

Hey, that was Clyde's question... ;)

Hey' date=' that was Clyde's question... ;)[/quote']

Sorry. Missed your question from a while back.

Simple answer:

Fans need things to be simple or they lose their ability to argue.

No sport is less able to tie W/L to an individual than football.

Andy has culpability but a lot of others do as well.

Sorry. Missed your question from a while back.

Simple answer:

Fans need things to be simple or they lose their ability to argue.

No sport is less able to tie W/L to an individual than football.

Andy has culpability but a lot of others do as well.

Thanks my man... And I completely agree, football is the ultimate "team" sport... Win or lose.