Pitino not going to ACC Media Day

UKfan1977

Nope. Doesn't fit the narrative.

There should be a unified voice of how upset we all are at what transpired in Minardi Hall on those nights. However, the gleeful moralizing from Big Blue Nation and some members of the national media has made it VERY easy to come at this thing cynically.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a unified voice of how upset we all are at what transpired in Minardi Hall on those nights. However, the gleeful moralizing from Big Blue Nation and some members of the national media has made it VERY easy to come at this thing cynically.

All we need to do is stop responding to them. They are going to believe what they want regardless. Let it turn into a BBN circle jerk and they can have their fun.

All we need to do is stop responding to them. They are going to believe what they want regardless. Let it turn into a BBN circle jerk and they can have their fun.

If I'm a Louisville fan that's what I do. Just wait until everything is investigated and and some semblance of truth is determined...then if UofL is vindicated come out 100MPH. If it gets worse there is no sense commenting on it anyway, it is what it is.

That said, if this was going on at UK there wouldn't be a bottle of hand lotion left in Louisville and you guys know it :lol2:

Trey Lewis said Pitino told the team this is his best in 40 years. LOL You can't make this stuff up.

He says that -- or some variation on it -- every year.

He said during the tip-off luncheon that this team will be better offensively than last year's team but that he doesn't think they can match the defensive intensity they had last year.

Probably a wise decision for him not to attend media days. I'm sure he's not allowed to answer any questions until the NCAA concludes their investigation anyway..

On the other hand, I wonder when he will announce that he will not be coaching anymore basketball games.

Trey Lewis said Pitino told the team this is his best in 40 years. LOL You can't make this stuff up.

While I don't think anyone in the world (Pitino included) believes that statement what is he supposed to say in practice to a team that he knows will more than likely be very average? He has to build them up and give them confidence. No way he ever thought a player would relay the info to the media.

Bottom line is Pitino is doing what he always does. Taking hard working individuals that have some potential and getting the most out of them as he can. Can he win a national title this year? Probably not. He doesn't seem to have a group of horses to string together enough good games, but anyone who thinks his ponies can't pull an upset on any given night better remember he won a LOT of games with a bunch of nobody's at UK and that Mashburn fellow.

Never underestimate Pitino's ability to coach up players and get more out of them than they even knew was there.

(And I am a die hard UK fan but all the UofL piling on over this scandal is getting a little crazy. It is something that should have not happened but it is not near as horrible as what was going on at UNC. It is sexier since hookers are involved but not worse for college athletics to me.)