4. Holmes

5. Newport

1. Sean McNeil

2. Cole Von Handorf

3. Ben Weyer

4. Markel McClendon

5a. Adam Goetz

5b. Ethan Snapp

What teams haven't been listed in the 9th?

Not saying they should be top 10 but we have not mentioned Ludlow or Bellevue. Coach Wofford (Ludlow) and Coach Hicks (Bellevue) do a great job of getting their kids to play hard every time out no matter who the line up against. Ludlow has some nice pieces returning with Kalib Mitchell and Marcus Roark. Now Bellevue loses a lot this year graduating Woodyard, Barrett, and Arnzen, but they did beat Highlands last year in a district seeding game.

I would move Holmes out of the top five and possibly move up Holy Cross a spot.

So you would have Holy Cross in front of Holmes? Wishful thinking.

Holmes - Mullins still has much more talent than HC.

As far as Cooper being so good as some have mentioned on here, let's see them prove it because I have heard this same song and dance for the last few years.

So you would have Holy Cross in front of Holmes? Wishful thinking.

Holmes - Mullins still has much more talent than HC.

As far as Cooper being so good as some have mentioned on here, let's see them prove it because I have heard this same song and dance for the last few years.

I don't think Holmes is more talented that HC. More athletic at some spots maybe but not more talented. McClendon is a nice player the rest of the starting five I don't think is better than HC starting five. Two very different teams, two different styles. Which ever style they play would win in my opinion.

I don't think Holmes is more talented that HC. More athletic at some spots maybe but not more talented. McClendon is a nice player the rest of the starting five I don't think is better than HC starting five. Two very different teams, two different styles. Which ever style they play would win in my opinion.

Holmes inside duo of Moore/Arnold is more talented than what Holy Cross will start at the 4/5.

Only player HC will start that would likely start for Holmes this coming season is Bezold. And that's not a knock on any HC player. I think they will be a very solid team this year. But even without Mullins, Holmes still has one of the better starting 5's in the region.

I am looking forward to seeing Brolley play. Last time I saw him he was a frosh. Nice game as I recall.

Agreed.

Although not nearly as dynamic as Ruthsatz, Brolley's style somehow brings him to mind. Was disappointed not to see his development his Junior year so it wouldn't be surprising to see him do all he can to make up for it his Senior year. His time to shine is now or never.

Anxious to see everyone mentioned as top 10 players, and though I didn't see him much last year, Adam Goetz was a big surprise when I did catch him, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of him this season. Seems like a special player with a big I.Q. for the game with standout dynamics. I have a hunch that he's not rated high enough, and that he will make a big enough mark to be discussed a lot this season. Not sure who his supporting cast is, so that obviously will make a big difference in how much of a chance he has to shine.

Excited about this season and think the 9th has a wealth of talent that'll keep things entertaining. The likes of CVH, Weyer, McClendon, and Snapp are obvious choices but it's also exciting to see the likes of Andy Flood crack the top 10 when early last season he was a virtual unknown who made an immediate impact and quickly rose to the occasion, and the ranks.

Anxious also to see how the 9th will fare with the Top 10 teams of the state, but no matter what it still looks like it's shaping up to be an exciting competitive season within the region. Sure it's always nice to see big things happen on the state level, but my first concern is an entire fun season of exciting 9th region competition.

Holmes inside duo of Moore/Arnold is more talented than what Holy Cross will start at the 4/5.

Only player HC will start that would likely start for Holmes this coming season is Bezold. And that's not a knock on any HC player. I think they will be a very solid team this year. But even without Mullins, Holmes still has one of the better starting 5's in the region.

Arnold and Beez two different styles but both talented would cancel each other out. Moore and the big football kid for HC would also cancel each other out in my opinion. Neither one scares me offensively.

As for nobody other than Beez starting for Holmes I would dis-agree too. Holmes don't have a kid on the team that shoots like Jakubowski or Shrand. Like you I am not knocking any Holmes kids. Jakubowski will be the best shooter in the 9th. Last year in the tournament Beedle face guarded Jakubowski the entire game. Shows the respect the Holmes coaching staff had for his jumper.

I think this game will come down to tempo and style. I can see HC beating Holmes if they get the tempo going the way they want it.

My take.

Cooper and Connor - depends on who else connor has other than hemmerick and scott.

Dixie and SH - This may be a toss up. Does dixie has any bigs to help meyer? Who does SH have to help Goetz?

Covcath and Holmes. Holmes is more of a question mark than many on here want to admit. Their second best player is gone. This is the year HC may sneak up on them. if HC is hot they can beat anyone in the 9th.

Newport NCC - If holmes transfer is eligible and newport can make everyone happy instead of most of the offense going thru their shooter this will be a very dangerous team. They could be a darkhorse to win the 9th. Caveat - chemistry means alot.

My take.

Cooper and Connor - depends on who else connor has other than hemmerick and scott.

I think in both Conner and Cooper cases you will see new players arise that played JV last season.

ConnEr has Mike Scott and Spencer Hemmerich. They also bring back Kyler Padgett who can run the show and guard like a madman. Alec Garnett can be an effective undersized 3.

My guess is JR Jake Suprenant will of run at the 4 or 5. Athletic kid. Good shot blocker. Nice ball skills for a 6'5 kid. Will get better as the varsity minutes accumulate. Jr Mason Gambell has a chance to get minutes as well. Shot the ball well last year when I watched him play JV.

Cooper is similar in that they have two really good known scorers in potential POY Sean McNeil and soph Adam Kunkel. Kunkel is bigger and stronger than he was as a frosh - as you would expect. Strong handle. Strong shot. Haddix is now in the 6'2 to 6'3 range and long and, like Padgett, will guard you HARD. Those are the 3 known entities. You then get kids who played JV last year.

Sean's brother Chris got thick over the last 9 months. Strong handle. Can be a really good PG. SR Trevor Rohlman didn't get much varsity time last year but is thick and can stroke it from 3.

Cooper is very young in the "big" department. You'll probably see 4 or 5 guard-type players in the game for them which opens up a lot of offensive strategies for Tim and his staff.

My guess between youth and football players like Haddix , Brown, and Watson getting started late that Cooper will take a while to develop into a contender but come late January will be where everyone predicts.