11th Region Top 3 teams & players

The 11th is always highly competitive and that was no different last year, with Lexington Catholic surviving and advancing to Rupp.

But what about 2015-16? Is Dunbar the team to beat in the 11th? Can LexCath make another run? Does Scott County have anything?

And what about top players?

Let's hear what you have to say, 11th Region fans. :thumb:

In no particular order.

Dunbar

Lafayette

Henry Clay

Bryan Station

All 4 of these teams are on an even level right now. LCA and Lex Cath not far behind.

I agree that those should be the top 4 teams, but I think there is a noticeable gap between the first two and the second two.

I see Dunbar as a legit State Championship contender, with Lafayette possibly in the mix as well. Henry Clay and Bryan Station could make a run at winning the region, but I don't think either of those will be in the picture as top teams in the state.

Players:

Williams

Hollingsworth

Jenkins

I agree that those should be the top 4 teams, but I think there is a noticeable gap between the first two and the second two.

I see Dunbar as a legit State Championship contender, with Lafayette possibly in the mix as well. Henry Clay and Bryan Station could make a run at winning the region, but I don't think either of those will be in the picture as top teams in the state.

Players:

Williams

Hollingsworth

Jenkins

1. Dunbar

The rest: Lafayette, HC, Station, Lex Cath

IMO Dunbar is head and shoulders better than everyone. Class of their own. Hands down the overwhelming favorite.

Lafayette, HC, Station, Lex Cath all about even. Lex Cath is the sleeper in my opinion

Players:

Tavieon Hollinsworth

Darius Williams

DeAndre Dishman

Luke Johnson (kid is a star, but no one has seen him)

1. Dunbar

The rest: Lafayette, HC, Station, Lex Cath

IMO Dunbar is head and shoulders better than everyone. Class of their own. Hands down the overwhelming favorite.

Lafayette, HC, Station, Lex Cath all about even. Lex Cath is the sleeper in my opinion

Players:

Tavieon Hollinsworth

Darius Williams

DeAndre Dishman

Luke Johnson (kid is a star, but no one has seen him)

Don't think they are that far ahead of the rest. They are probably the favorite but with that tough district, there's a chance they don't even make the region. I think that 4 of the top 6 teams in the 11th (PLD, Lex Cath, LCA and Lafayette) are in that district.

Lucky Jackson will be missed. He was a cornerstone for them last year. As was Jackson Davis 2 years ago. With the graduation of Davis and Lafayette was slated to be in last for the district and finished the runners up to Lex Catch in 2 O/Ts. In Regionals making it a game further (Regional semifinal)with a better record than Davis' Senior year. After watching Lafayette over summer lose only 1 time on a buzzer beater from Mercers Trevon Faulkner. I do think this group is well prepared. Mind you @HICKORY Lafayette beat Cov Catholic and PRP at their place over the summer handidly.