Record Number of Non English Speaking Households

75center

More than one in five US households speak a language other than English. I'm concerned about the drain on resources at every level. Hospitals, schools, government offices, courtrooms. This isn't to say that 20% of the households don't understand English but it sure would help if there was more progress in the area to alleviate the drain on the above institutions.

Record 63.2 million non-English speaking residents, surge in Arabic, Chinese, Spanish | Washington Examiner

As every month passes, I get more and more customers that do not use English as their primary language. To say the least, it makes it difficult to communicate.

Someone or both (consumers and businesses) will have to adapt in many parts of the country. If you are in such an area and your customers want to do business with someone that speaks Spanish then you will need to adapt or find new customers.

If you speak Spanish but are weak in English and you're in , say, KY or Iowa you will need to learn to communicate in English.

I was in a Land Rover dealership in Miami and at one point every conversation in the dealership was in Spanish and I had zero clue what was being said. Didn't bother me. Just reinforced the demographic changes going on.

I was in a Land Rover dealership in Miami and at one point every conversation in the dealership was in Spanish and I had zero clue what was being said. Didn't bother me. Just reinforced the demographic changes going on.

Were they laughing and saying "este chico hace pis en una pierna"

Someone or both (consumers and businesses) will have to adapt in many parts of the country. If you are in such an area and your customers want to do business with someone that speaks Spanish then you will need to adapt or find new customers.

If you speak Spanish but are weak in English and you're in , say, KY or Iowa you will need to learn to communicate in English.

The customers I speak of speak English, but it isn't their primary language, and it can be difficult to hone in on specifics of what services my business offers to someone that doesn't use English as their primary language. Not complaining, just saying.

As a matter of fact, I have had several customers over the years that used to live in former Soviet Bloc countries. Very interesting to hear their take what direction the USA is heading, but that's for another thread, another day.

The customers I speak of speak English, but it isn't their primary language, and it can be difficult to hone in on specifics of what services my business offers to someone that doesn't use English as their primary language. Not complaining, just saying.

As a matter of fact, I have had several customers over the years that used to live in former Soviet Bloc countries. Very interesting to hear their take what direction the USA is heading, but that's for another thread, another day.

How about starting that thread today?