Kentucky 21 Missouri 13

HammerTime

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team can be good when Towles doesn't play like :poop:. With Auburn's early struggles, I don't think there's anyone left on the schedule that's head and shoulders better than UK. A lot of winnable games left. The Cats could stay right in the thick of the SEC East.

He has a lot of help when he plays like crap. Dropped passes, coverage sacks, little to no blocking effectively from the 0-line, and on and on.

The difference between last week and tonight was everyone played great, which in turn made PT look like a star which he is. Tonight you saw the real PT, hope the rest of the team keeps improving, great win!!!

Another good win for this U.K. team and program. Stoops imo is definitely the right man for this job. I thought the Cats defense played very good all the way around. On offense, world of a difference in Towles play this week vs. last. Others have questioned play calling and I also have some problems, maybe questions would be a better term. These coaches along with probably a lot on here know far more x's-o's than I do. Personally, one of my main problems is that when the Cats run the ball, most every time its up the gut / middle. I realize they try to get separation / gaps in the D with some of the sets and then get a back down the middle but that's All they do with the run. Why not try to get some of the athletes / speed out on the corner or try to trap it back across every now and then or something othhert than the Same Two Plays up the middle ?

As I said, that's just me and there are many people that know far more than I. Certainly the U.K. Coaches.

Bottom line is that its great to see U.K. football competing with a chance to win and to see CWS Full .....and Loud !

Anyone hear what happened to Boom? They never really said anything about it on the broadcast.

3rd and 3 when he got Pat killed by whiffing on that block is my guess.

Stoops didn't say that exactly. But you go back and watch if you DVR'ed it...I don't know that Boom stepped back on the field much at all (if any).

It's already been said, but their inverted bone might be their best set. Mizzou played Cov. 2 against it all night. Talk about a numbers adavantage. It's 9 on 7 when you count Towles in the mix.

Two back gun-Offset Pistol look worked great, too (for run game and max pass protection options). When teams have to respect their run game & Towles gets time, this is the result.

I'm kicking myself now for giving into the Barker talk. I've been high on Towles all year on here, and was until a "What the he11? Join the crowd." moment last weekend. Stupid me.

Great game. Great win.

Edited by Auburn

He has a lot of help when he plays like crap. Dropped passes, coverage sacks, little to no blocking effectively from the 0-line, and on and on.

The difference between last week and tonight was everyone played great, which in turn made PT look like a star which he is. Tonight you saw the real PT, hope the rest of the team keeps improving, great win!!!

You said it all.

Field position killed them tonight and they were still able to overcome.

I counted at least 4 possessions that started inside the 10, two of those were inside the 5.

One of the biggest drives in my opinion was closing out the half after getting pinned deep inside their own 5. I kind of wished after they had gotten it out a bit that they'd have taken a shot down field, but I understood.

Being pinned like that with a couple or so to play in a half, and close it out with the ball? Clutch IMO.

Also, ending the game keeping it on the ground to get 1st downs and not have to punt it away.

It's little things like those two drives, where no points are scored that are making some of the biggest differences.

Where is all the Towles haters at tonight?

I'm still right here. I'll be here when he has another game like the Florida game, as well.

I have never said Towles doesn't have tools. The issue is consistency. The last two weeks illustrate my point perfectly. The dude at QB tonight should never play the way he did against Florida or the way he did in the second half versus Louisiana.

As an alum of UK, I hope he has found the right formula and takes us to the next level- this game against Mizzou hasn't brought me, personally, any closer to thinking that he has.

Another good win for this U.K. team and program. Stoops imo is definitely the right man for this job. I thought the Cats defense played very good all the way around. On offense, world of a difference in Towles play this week vs. last. Others have questioned play calling and I also have some problems, maybe questions would be a better term. These coaches along with probably a lot on here know far more x's-o's than I do. Personally, one of my main problems is that when the Cats run the ball, most every time its up the gut / middle. I realize they try to get separation / gaps in the D with some of the sets and then get a back down the middle but that's All they do with the run. Why not try to get some of the athletes / speed out on the corner or try to trap it back across every now and then or something othhert than the Same Two Plays up the middle ?

As I said, that's just me and there are many people that know far more than I. Certainly the U.K. Coaches.

Bottom line is that its great to see U.K. football competing with a chance to win and to see CWS Full .....and Loud !

Almost all those running plays are zone read, and it hasn't been read correctly at times. Perfect example was the time the second half when the RB got hit when getting the hand off, if PT pulls it he is off to the races. Teams are going to pressure then RB extremely hard until he begins to read it. Even if he miss reads it one time and pulls it, teams will then have to start playing it honest. If they are not forcing them to play it honest, it causes us to essentially to have one less guy blocking.

I am willing to bet he pulls it one time next week and takes it to the house.

I think the biggest change last night was a running game and pass protection. When Towles has time to make decisions and make the throw, he has looked great. When he has to throw the ball the moment he touches it, he's inconsistent. They kept a running back in or had the TE chip block which helped a great deal.

I think the biggest change last night was a running game and pass protection. When Towles has time to make decisions and make the throw, he has looked great. When he has to throw the ball the moment he touches it, he's inconsistent. They kept a running back in or had the TE chip block which helped a great deal.

I thought Dawson called a really nice game. Quick short throws for PT to get him started and confident. Use the run game to open up the middle of the field for passing.

I thought the unsportsmanlike on Baker was a bad call and I really thought the PI on Mizzou that allowed UK to keep a drive going was a bad call.

Fun game.

UK D has some guys that can make plays. If only they would hang on to the picks.