JuggAlum

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus will be a huge test for lloyd. GC has over 1500 rushing yards on the season and a stable of 3or 4 nice rbs. Can lloyd take away GCs running game, or at least slow it down? Lloyd will need to cut down on the ints if they plan on operating out of the spread. Tough game to call,

Is GC's running game between the tackles or do they try to get to the edge? IMO if they are a north/south between the tackles game I feel a little bit more comfortable with Lloyd's chances of slowing down their offense, which is key. The Juggs D has to give their O as many chances to score as they can, because the offense goes from on fire to stalling out very fast. I think that will be key.

Is GC's running game between the tackles or do they try to get to the edge?

A little bit of both. They have a couple kids who you would call power runners and then a third running back who is more of the edge guy. The quarterback can run, too, although they don't have him run too often. They have good speed offensively, but maybe not blazing speed. The offensive line is young and fairly inexperienced but have really made some big strides the last couple of weeks.

Well inexperience at the OL position really didn't help the Juggs all that much in matchup with Beechwood. Any other holes in their game that we can exploit? Lol How about defense? Heavity, speedy, tall?

Defense is pretty stout up front, linebackers are average and the secondary really play well last week against East Jessamine. had 3 INT's against a solid QB. I would say their defense is what has impressed me the most over the last couple of games!

Is GC's running game between the tackles or do they try to get to the edge? IMO if they are a north/south between the tackles game I feel a little bit more comfortable with Lloyd's chances of slowing down their offense, which is key. The Juggs D has to give their O as many chances to score as they can, because the offense goes from on fire to stalling out very fast. I think that will be key.

They can do both, I would say they are more comfortable running it in between the tackles but do bounce it outside quite often. They will run outside with a very quick runner. Last week they rushed for 388 yds vs East Jessamine and made it look easy at times!

Looking at scores (I know that doesn't always work), I'm afraid Garrard could be too much for the Juggs. Lloyd just gives up too many points.

I'll agree with that but Lloyd's offense could make it interesting if they could get some momentum going early and give the defense some breathing room. Coming out fast has been a problem for Lloyd the past 10 years I can remember. BUT we have seen the O come to life and just be ON FIRE. If we can cut the drive killers (INTs and poor situational play calls) and keep it close till late in the game I believe we have a good shot a winning against a bigger team.

Looking at scores (I know that doesn't always work), I'm afraid Garrard could be too much for the Juggs. Lloyd just gives up too many points.

I agree with you, while I will be rooting for the Juggs, my mind is leaning towards Garrard. I had to rewrite that last sentence a couple of times because I violating some rules with gambling references.

Lloyd will have to be more discipline to have any chance for victory. Too many senseless penalties and mistakes against Beechwood and Holmes.