New Cath vs. Highlands (Games Played @ Tower Park)

Whitney

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this not suppose to be about the game between NCC and Highlands, can't believe how everyone gets of track on what this thread is about, it was a very good game but all everyone wants to do is bash the coach this is about those girls who were on that field playing their hearts. God forbid we talk about that.

So if I understand you Z89.... You are saying that schools should field their teams based off of seniority.... and not consider a players skill set.

Should we also give all the players a trophy at the end of the season?

I think what Z89 is saying is that some sports (most notably football) do "reward" Seniors who have played for 4 years with a spot on special teams or spot duty on offense or defense when they could use a Frosh or Soph that is equally talented. By doing that it encourages kids who might not be the stars to continue to play the game and maybe the team ends up with 20 Seniors, 20 Jrs. 20 Soph, 25 Frosh in most years. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe some of those 20 Seniors have not contributed much in the first 3 years but do so in the final year.

Now football is a little different because you can use so many players in so many ways. But many schools have Seniors that play baseball, softball, basketball, track and they may not be the most talented and may not play much but they are part of the team and were not dumped for some Frosh that could play the last 1:30 of a 25 point blowout basketball game. Other younger players take note and know that is they practice hard and help the team as best they can they can be in the same spot.

Now that is not to say that an All-World QB should be throwing for 400 yards on the Frosh teams and never have the opportunity to play JV or even Varsity minutes......it is just saying a mix can be better than having only a few SRs and JRs.

I don't disagree with what you are saying in this comparison with football but I don't think this is what Z89 is saying at all. He seems to be specifically talking about the other futbal, and probably HHS, make note of all the times he uses a female reference so he definitely is not speaking about football

Z89 makes a point that can't be lost. That is about pressure on coaches to win. I think this thread along speaks to that as many have blasted Highlands for being 4 -4 or 4 -3. So which is it? Winning or everyone plays? Can't have both in most instances. If the KHSAA said only Jr and Sr's are eligible then that is what you go by. But the minute a Frosh or Soph is eligible to play that sport, if they are blessed enough and have worked hard enough then they get should have an equal opportunity. In fact, winning coaches will tell you if you have a frosh and a sr. that are at the same level, they will take the frosh all day long. That is their future and they have the upside.

I know life is tough but that is the way it works. If you don't like it then you simply don't have to participate. But to get on here a bash a coach or a program for trying to win is just simply wrong. If you don't like it don't participate or go somewhere else.

I don't disagree with what you are saying in this comparison with football but I don't think this is what Z89 is saying at all. He seems to be specifically talking about the other futbal, and probably HHS, make note of all the times he uses a female reference so he definitely is not speaking about football

Other futbol, but St. Henry girls in this instance?

All I hear is the bashing of the coaches keep this in mind all you haters, if it wasn't for both those coaches that facility wouldn't have been built so go on and continue to bash the coaching staff who help build that facility. Can't have your cake and eat it to, sorry had to say it, everyone relax the last part was a joke.