New Cath vs. Highlands (Games Played @ Tower Park)

Whitney

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls soccer natives should not be any more restless than the rest of the HHS natives.

Actually they have the better record, unless you forget the forfeit. Then they are tied with volleyball at 43% wins.

Girls Soc = 4-4-0 50% or 3-4-0 = 42.8%

Volleyball = 6-8-0 42.8%

Boy Soc = 3-6-2 36%

Football = 1-3-0 25%

**** Excludes cross county & golf as I don't have their records.

Have the natives started to get restless in the Fort yet? I am hearing YES.

Same issues that have been there since the coach was hired and I will leave it at that.

My interpretation of your comments....

Natives= Some of the Girl Soccer Parents.

Restless= Not Happy with situation, or who the coach is playing.

I am hearing Yes= An attempt to stir the pot.

The girls soccer natives should not be any more restless than the rest of the HHS natives.

Actually they have the better record, unless you forget the forfeit. Then they are tied with volleyball at 43% wins.

Volleyball = 6-8-0 42.8%

Boy Soc = 3-6-2 36%

Football = 1-3-0 25%

Oh, now you've gone and done it, what a novel approach.

It is nice that someone had the audacity to use some data rather than just throwing out comments hoping something might stick to the wall. :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades

"Have the natives started to get restless in the Fort yet?

I am hearing YES."

My interpretation of your comments....

Natives= Some of the Girl Soccer Parents.

Restless= Not Happy with situation, or who the coach is playing.

I am hearing Yes= An attempt to stir the pot.

Until JofAT explains otherwise, this is so perfectly spot on.

Is that why they lost because of the coach I don't think so, I though Highlands was well coached and they well. NCC has a very good team and so does Highlands I thought both teams were evenly matched. NCC is fairly young and Highlands is young.

Talk about the game and not what has been old news for a long time, the man is a good coach.

Volleyball = 6-8-0 42.8%

Boy Soc = 3-6-2 36%

Football = 1-3-0 25%

Boys golf team is over .500. I'll find out the exact record tonight. My son's playing in the match today at HCC

I agree with CAP, it's simply about growing pains ! There are "many" under- classmen {freshman & sophomores} playing in these games, and they need time to blend & learn from the other players on the field. Apparently, there are a number of upper classmen {and their parents} that aren't real happy {just like last year} with the amount of playing their daughters are getting. However, based on the amount of girls that play on "good" club teams, it's very apparent that the coaching staff believes that the girls that are getting the majority of the playing time give the "Team" the best chance of winning. Since everything in this community is based on "Winning", I can't blame the coaching staff for their decisions in this matter. Finally, gone are the day's that your grade/class guarantee's you playing-time. Like it or not, this mentality is observed by the clear majority of all sporting events in High School. Things are no longer based on "what's fair". That mentality went-by-the-wayside many years ago. Therefore, like it or not, trashing the coach, and/or, his staff serves zero purpose. Again, isn't everything in this community based on WINNING ???? It's unfortunate, but life is what it is.

I agree with CAP, it's simply about growing pains ! There are "many" under- classmen {freshman & sophomores} playing in these games, and they need time to blend & learn from the other players on the field. Apparently, there are a number of upper classmen {and their parents} that aren't real happy {just like last year} with the amount of playing their daughters are getting. However, based on the amount of girls that play on "good" club teams, it's very apparent that the coaching staff believes that the girls that are getting the majority of the playing time give the "Team" the best chance of winning. Since everything in this community is based on "Winning", I can't blame the coaching staff for their decisions in this matter. Finally, gone are the day's that your grade/class guarantee's you playing-time. Like it or not, this mentality is observed by the clear majority of all sporting events in High School. Things are no longer based on "what's fair". That mentality went-by-the-wayside many years ago. Therefore, like it or not, trashing the coach, and/or, his staff serves zero purpose. Again, isn't everything in this community based on WINNING ???? It's unfortunate, but life is what it is.

Winning????? 4-4 with wins over no one with a decent record? Please. And define for me what a "good" club team is please. Playing for a parent coach team in Kentucky? Same problem as last year? My daughter did not play because the guy did not practice what he preached. She had a serious knee injury and did her absolute best just to get back in time to finish her high school career. She asked said coach what she could work on while on crutches shortly after she congratulated him on getting the job. You know what the response was, nothing because she was not going to the gym to pay for it. I have no problem calling a spade a spade. My daughter played "high" level club soccer as well, but not in the weak Kentucky Leagues. Barking up the wrong tree here.

The program is young because the DAD coaches made it that way so that who could benefit? There is no need for middle school kids to be on a JV roster. This team would be 4-4 irregardless if the "Chosen ones" played or not. So tired of hearing all this garbage about my frosh or my soph should start and others should watch. They never needed them when Nina or Tommy were the coach and they do not need them now.

At least the "excuse" was built in before the season started and the roster was chosen by saying they were "young" Seems like things were pretty much determined before even seeing kids on the field.

I am done on this subject, but I really hope the parents that are now feeling the "screws" being tightened on them and their daughters speak up and get this program back to the point where it is not the laughing stock of Northern Kentucky.

They never needed them because they always had several girls that played on good club teams. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Hey, it's easy to coach kids that have a ton of talent, and are upper classmen, and been there, and done that. However, when you've got many that are young, that ain't the case. It's unfortunate that your daughter was hurt, but that's life in the fast lane. Every Coach is looking for the kid that is faster, and more talented. That said, it is irrelevant what Tommy & Nina did. For the most part when they won state titles, they has numerous girls that played on very good club teams, and were great athletes. Moving forward, that has not been the case, and you know it. JOAT, you have been around the block, and you know how sports in high school are, especially at Highlands. The bar is always set very high for these kids. and things aren't always fair. Be that as it may, Coaches at Highlands are judged on their wins. Not how nice they are, or, how fair they are. Those day's are long gone. Honestly, don't blame the Coaches..... blame the parents ! They demand from their children more than is realistic. How many times have you heard: "I'm paying a ton of money for your training, nutrition, and everything else. You will reach the pinnacle of your sport, or you are a loser". God, it's terrible. While you may have a difference of opinion with this Coaching staff, that's your right. However, life moves on, believe me, I've been there done that. The political stuff sucks. There is no winning for a Coach in today's environment...... there is only survival. Finally, this program is not the laughing stock of NKY. If that's the case the same would hold true for the Highlands Varsity Football Team. It's funny, but I don't hear you *Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post* about that Coaching staff, or calling those hard working boy's the laughing stock of NKY. Simply put.... there is no difference. The Soccer girls work very hard. The Coaching staff works very hard. Just like football. Be careful where you chuck stones. When they come back, they hurt ! Good luck JOAT for I know that you truly care. Take a deep breath.... things will be OK !

One answer would be have the upper classmen quit and have him bring up more freshman and 8th graders and see what the record would be. Since they are that good they should be able to win with all Freshman or even being few players short. If it was my kid and she played the first 3 years and knew she wasn't going to play she would just quit and not tryout. I don't know how much pressure is put on coaches to win but if you have enough upper classmen to fill a varsity team leave the freshmen and sophomores for the JV and Freshman teams. I know that's going against the way people (parents) think today but i feel it needs to be done. If it keeps up eventually you won't have any girls trying out and teams will fold. Just my opinion.

The best play regardless of what grade (with exception to physical stature issues). There are some very talented young kids that put in a lot of effort and work extremely hard that deserve that opportunity. Much like the work place, just because you have been there the longest doesn't guarantee you will become the CEO. If it does then you will see all kinds of failing business'.

Sports should teach this to all kids, if you want something then work for it. If you sit at home then you might get passed over. If you work hard in the classroom and work on your social skills and go to a great university, then you have a better chance of becoming the boss some day.

All works hand in hand and the kids that are taught that may have a better chance of success outside of athletics.

Side note, I think arguably the best, time tested, girls soccer program in NKY is ND. I just checked their roster and they have 10 Freshmen and Soph. on their varsity team with 3 Sr's. So that basically means that they may have 3 open spots next year for kids on their varsity roster. They have two really good players with injuries, so bottom line is all of the Soph. kids playing JV this year will probably not be playing Varsity soccer next year. That is brutal. However, they are consistently a threat to win the state and they do that by saying we are going to take the best.

They have rec teams for 'everyone gets to play' so I would recommend that to the kids that don't want to work and get better. They would probably have more fun anyway.