Everything posted by Soccer dummy
-
Highlands 2 Cooper 0
By the way, Just curious about your comments of the ho-hum performance. My stats show 18 shots for Highlands vs 2 for Cooper. I think HHS also had 4 shots off the posts that didn't go in. I'm not much of a stats guy but this certainly doesn't look like a ho-hum performance to me. Looks like a little bad luck for a young team. By the way, the un-faithful should be happy. The starts for HHS played less than half the game! Seems like to me if he plays the starters they win big but we have to to hear how he played the wrong kids. Now he plays his bench and they win 2 - 0 in convincing fashion but its not good enough. Wow!!! Which is it?
-
Highlands 2 Cooper 0
I watched St Ursulain?? and Notre Dame play and they both did mass subbing. I watched Notre Dame play SK and both teams went really deep in their benches in a very highly contested game. So I guess your saying all those teams are rec level? Hmmm. Coach Cal must be a rec level coach because I think he subbed quiet a bit this past season and ended up with one of the best records of all time. So...... Club teams.... Really? You think his club team is a bad team because he is a parent coach. I'm assuming that's your reference. Let's explore this a little. If he is so bad then hopefully none of your kids play for Kings Hammer. They have been trying to hire him for years. Must be the poor resume he has built over the years. His club team has played some of the teams in the top levels of MRL and actually won, and has lost a few. The real question is where is the KHA teams at the state cup? You keep referencing them but I couldn't find one of their teams placing higher than them. Last year the Kings Hammer Blue team only won one game in pool play and Wiefring went to the final 4. Again, who needs facts... I'm not trying to say anything regarding the Kings teams. They are very good teams but I have to use them as a reference point since you seem to point out club teams.
-
Sacred Heart 1 Highlands 0 (Sleep Outfitters Lady Knights Challenge Cup)
Birdie Tweet I would agree with your comment regarding players should be at practice to play. However, I have been in and seen situations where there are very good reasons why they may not have practiced and that is only appropriate for the coach and/or player, players parent to know. In some of these instances you don't further 'punish' the player by benching them. But that also gets dicey as you may look inconsistent when another player misses for no reason and you bench them. That's a tough one sometimes. As far as being ready for 2nd half, I do put that on the coaches as well but man if you can figure that out coaches would pay you a lot of money for the remedy. See UK football. LOL There still kids so we don't see even the pro's to show the level of consistency that we would like.
-
New Cath vs. Highlands (Games Played @ Tower Park)
Z89 makes a point that can't be lost. That is about pressure on coaches to win. I think this thread along speaks to that as many have blasted Highlands for being 4 -4 or 4 -3. So which is it? Winning or everyone plays? Can't have both in most instances. If the KHSAA said only Jr and Sr's are eligible then that is what you go by. But the minute a Frosh or Soph is eligible to play that sport, if they are blessed enough and have worked hard enough then they get should have an equal opportunity. In fact, winning coaches will tell you if you have a frosh and a sr. that are at the same level, they will take the frosh all day long. That is their future and they have the upside. I know life is tough but that is the way it works. If you don't like it then you simply don't have to participate. But to get on here a bash a coach or a program for trying to win is just simply wrong. If you don't like it don't participate or go somewhere else.
-
New Cath vs. Highlands (Games Played @ Tower Park)
The best play regardless of what grade (with exception to physical stature issues). There are some very talented young kids that put in a lot of effort and work extremely hard that deserve that opportunity. Much like the work place, just because you have been there the longest doesn't guarantee you will become the CEO. If it does then you will see all kinds of failing business'. Sports should teach this to all kids, if you want something then work for it. If you sit at home then you might get passed over. If you work hard in the classroom and work on your social skills and go to a great university, then you have a better chance of becoming the boss some day. All works hand in hand and the kids that are taught that may have a better chance of success outside of athletics. Side note, I think arguably the best, time tested, girls soccer program in NKY is ND. I just checked their roster and they have 10 Freshmen and Soph. on their varsity team with 3 Sr's. So that basically means that they may have 3 open spots next year for kids on their varsity roster. They have two really good players with injuries, so bottom line is all of the Soph. kids playing JV this year will probably not be playing Varsity soccer next year. That is brutal. However, they are consistently a threat to win the state and they do that by saying we are going to take the best. They have rec teams for 'everyone gets to play' so I would recommend that to the kids that don't want to work and get better. They would probably have more fun anyway.
-
Middle of the season assessment
My picks for the 8th, 9th and 10th 8th Region: South Oldham - have to be favorites given their performance last year and so far this year. They will need to step it up a notch if they want to be anywhere as successful as last years team. SK - Surprise of the region but with the new coach he has them playing exceptionally well. What a turnaround for that program. Great athletes which makes them dangerous. I think they will be right in the mix at the end Oldham - have not seen them play but building resume' 9th Region: ND - very strong as usual so they are my favorite. Great ball movement and solid at all 11 positions St Henry - Very good this year, not as deep as ND but will be a team that has a say Highlands - Good youth and will be interesting to see if they continue to improve throughout the season. Would not want to play them in playoffs NCC - Very solid and has some very nice players. Not as deep as ND but another one I wouldn't want to tangle with 10th Region: I think a two horse region with Campbell Cnty and Brossart Bourbon seems to be a dark horse but again I can't speak much about them as I have not see them play. Their schedule is a little suspect so we will see how they perform down the stretch.
-
New Cath vs. Highlands (Games Played @ Tower Park)
I was hoping to get to see this one but the weather and UK game have changed my mind. Hopefully, someone can give periodic updates.
-
This week in girls soccer
Thread actually is about Soccer this week. Not your Highlands drama. Please start your own thread so I can avoid and not have to read it. I'll set some facts straight here that was actually easy for me to look up. But who needs them when it doesn't help me with my agenda. You guys must be politicians. Two things: First is a coaching tip for you. Play your rotations now, learn how certain players interact with each other and slowly tighten the rotation. If you have managed your team correctly then toward end of year you know what you have and who can do what. That's what the coaches that coach do and not play to parents. Lastly, I'm not sure how he can play 'NKSA Wiefring' for his team seeing as how he only has 4 kids on his roster. I also watched a Highlands game and I believe only 1 started. But again, who needs facts when they don't support your agenda. I'm off the Highlands topic. Back to the original thread. Better yet, why don't the 4 or 5 of you haters start your own anti-Highlands website that way the 4 or 5 of you can sit and write each other all day instead of boring us.
-
Ally Niece, Guard Simon Kenton
OK.... so I hate to rain on this parade but I have to ask CooperRyle. You stated that she is one of the best ever to come out of this area but she doesn't have the height, speed, quickness or is very good on defense. What am I missing? I also no she isn't a very good shooter. I think we are over inflating the young girl. I hope she does excellent and should jump at the Xavier scholarship first second she can. I know a lot about the pressure at a division 1 program and I have to tell you. If you don't have speed, athleticism, quickness or a lock down defender you better be 6' 5" or better in the girls game or it will be a very short career. I hope she does well and proves me wrong because I hope every kids gets to live out that dream. But overhype can be a problem as well.
-
Saturday Soccerrama Predictions
I was in and out of the complex today but I just realized that I didn't keep tabs of who won each game. Can someone post the scores? I saw the 2nd half of NCC and SK. Both teams looked solid but it was hard to tell. Both teams seemed to be running players in and out, especially goalies as they both had multiple subs at this position. SK new addition is a really good player but someone said they had two really critical players quit. I think their coach was holding back as he didn't start his first string goalie and I believe he was playing two of his better forwards on defense and some defenders at mid-field. At least I hope this wasn't his lineup for the season. So it was hard to get much out of this scrimmage with so many players playing out of their normal positions. ND and CC. Both teams looked like they will pick up where they left off from last year. I was distracted so I didn't get to pay as close attention to this game as I really wanted to. But I can tell you out of the gate they looked like two of the better teams I have seen in limited play this year. I left before Highlands and Brossart so any and all feedback would be appreciated. Just interested in the game not opinions on coaching staff!
-
2015 Highlands Girls Soccer preview
Very nice article. Sorry this is going to get pulled in a different direction as usual by the loud few. Again, thank you for the article. Wish other programs had the same.
-
Scholarship offers
so what prompts the unofficial visit? I'm just curious how that interaction starts, are coaches allowed to talk with kids if they make an unofficial? I know coaches can respond to kids if they open the conversation so does that mean that a parent or coach initiated the contact?
-
Scholarship offers
If someone could answer this for me I would greatly appreciate it. I was under the impression that coaches could not contact kids until their Jr years in High School. If that is the case, how do kids receive scholarship offers their Freshmen and Sophomores years? How does that work or am I misunderstanding the NCAA rules?
-
Coaching positions / top teams
It took me a while to find his "select" team to see if they were any good. I found them in the State Cup and they performed very well the last three years against 'club' teams. 2nd place in state cup, 4th place and then looks like they lost a game in pool play this year and didn't advance. They played in the KPL league U16 division. I'm not sure why but they are a U15 team in the State Cup. But what was impressive is they actually won the u16 KPL division this year as a U15 team. Again, you are trying to distort things and "not talking about the kids" but the last I checked you are directly talking about the kids. Or is it the coaches that are called "select"? Man, let it rest. Go take the hate and direct toward ISIS or something constructive. Leave these kids along.
-
8th Region Girls Basketball upcoming players
He def. has the resume' to back up your statement. Probably one of the most impressive in terms of wins and losses for any coach (boys or girls) in NKY.
-
8th Region Girls Basketball upcoming players
I'm not sure I agree with that. Meier only played 8 minutes due to foul trouble and SK outside shooting came from Neace who is the same size so I'm not sure I follow that logic. There wasn't a whole lot of passing to the post. Very little, if any outside in action. I do agree that interior scoring is very critical and too many 3's turns into fools gold. There biggest problem at the state tournament was free throw shooting and some forced shots by young girls and untimely turnovers. I just hope they can all co-exist. There is only one basketball and I hope they all realize that a team with multiple scorers is better than a team with a few. If not, will get to see one girl shoot a lot, another girl very frustrated because she isn't getting shots and a whole pack that may get very frustrated if they don't have a point guard that will distribute. Bottom line, these girls can't become too selfish and put me first or their team will suffer. Focus on defense and let the offense come. Too much firepower and too well coached to think it won't. I know all the girls play for different AAU teams and haven't got to see all of them but I have seen the Freshmen Shining Stars team once and they play extremely well together and for each other. Very nice team. Also have seen the younger and older Shining star teams. The older team is pretty good and I believe they have several SK players. The younger team 7th or 8th grade? has several future SK players. One girl is an excellent shooter, another loves to take plenty of bad shots and the 3rd lets the game come to her. Small though. This team is talented and I hope they reach their potential.
-
8th Region Girls Basketball upcoming players
Grant girl is a good ball player no doubt, but I think she may be the first to come off the bench for SK this year. If SK has Neace and Harmeyer guarding the perimeter then that will put a tremendous amount of pressure on the BIGS as Neace and Harmeyer are both consistently broken down. Coaches will have to pack in like they did last year just to protect their perimeter defense or have Neace and Harmeyer guard BIGS. Buckner seems more versed to guarding on the perimeter with her athleticism length rather than either guard mentioned above. Really need to protect Meyer as you don't won't her on the perimeter guarding or constantly having guards attack the middle like they did last year. SK will not be deep in the front court so its important to protect their post players. Best on ball defender, Krohman and Gillam. Jones does a nice job as well but is not super quick. Two younger kids coming up are average defenders at best, Jones' younger sister and the other girl name escapes me, shoots a lot though and not very accurately. IMO... I would like to see Krohman guarding the ball, Gilliam on the 2, Buckner on the 3, Neace on the 4 and Meyer on the 5. I think you could extend this defense and do really well with preassure. Harmeyer coming off the bench and is a versatile replacement for about any position with the two Jone's sisters coming on as two great subs. Then maybe try to work in one of the younger BIGS to create depth. That looks like a solid defensive rotation to me.... Defense wins championships!
-
Is the 8th Region a two-horse race?
Lower number the better.
-
Is the 2nd Region a one team race?
It's Henderson counties to lose
-
Is the 8th Region a two-horse race?
Interesting view, I think anytime teams play outside the 9th people tend to raise questions. So I started looking for SOS ratings and the only one i could find was true rank. Would love to know where to look elsewhere. I've attached a sampling of what they had below Team. SOS rank Holmes. 41 Highlands. 77 Holy cross. 28 Sk. 29 Notre dame. 3 Boone. 8 Scott. 38 Just a sampling
-
Is the 8th Region a two-horse race?
I think you have the two leaders that have separated a little. However, I have not seen gallatin co play so i shouldn't really comment on them. Walton Verona and Anderson co have enough shooters to certainly win on any given night. The thing that makes sk dangerous is they have a little bit of everything. Shooting, big's guards and can play defense when focused. Need to continue to develop bench to support a very strong starting 5 and improve transition defense. Very well coached Shelby co is a very experienced team and has a strong first group. There biggest weakness may be overall team speed Then you have the three i al mentioned above should make for an exciting regional
-
Scott 78 Simon Kenton 69
a·nal·o·gy əˈnaləjē/ noun a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification. Thought this would help..... I think you understand the word stretch used in conjunction with analogy
-
Scott 77 Campbell County 68
So did Scott finally play defense? Maybe message was delivered during Boone game
-
Conner 68 Scott 65
Coach. You are correct my apologies. Solid win by Conner and hopefully they can continue to have success.
-
Scott 78 Simon Kenton 69
Dozer so your saying removing a teams top player, I'm saying top player because that is what I have heard from sometime on here, makes them better? If so, then please explain Scott's coaches the past two years. Is the transfer the issue? Or.... Was its some of Scott's current players? Or better yet some of the same parents that show their jealousy on here daily? Anytime i hear thing like this i place it know further than the coach. They control playing time and personnel. Your logic basically is saying the Chicago bulls are better off without Jordan. Stretch analogy. Well if she is being recruited by everyone that I've heard on here and including Scott's own words last year then it's not a stretch at all