Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scholarship offers

Featured Replies

If someone could answer this for me I would greatly appreciate it. I was under the impression that coaches could not contact kids until their Jr years in High School. If that is the case, how do kids receive scholarship offers their Freshmen and Sophomores years?

 

How does that work or am I misunderstanding the NCAA rules?

Kids can take an unofficial visit and receive an offer.

  • Author

so what prompts the unofficial visit? I'm just curious how that interaction starts, are coaches allowed to talk with kids if they make an unofficial? I know coaches can respond to kids if they open the conversation so does that mean that a parent or coach initiated the contact?

Usually a coach sees a kid at an AAU event, contacts the AAU coach and makes the offer. Since the players cannot be contacted directly, AAU coaches set up the visits.

Depends on the level of college. D1, D2, and D3 all have different rules.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.