Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Hamburglar

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Hamburglar

  1. HC has K - 8 all in the same building with only one principle so I just refer to it as the elementary school. Yes, I have seen the 8th grader you mentioned (a white female version of - the round mound of rebound). Chuck was only about 6' 4". There's no way she can jump like him though. I would be curious to hear the additional information you have on that closed thread that either got removed or you couldn't post because the thread was closed. I did have to chuckle when someone said we should have FOX News investigate.
  2. I saw that other (closed) thread about the elementary school attendance going up but I don't see those kids playing varsity. If there are kids coming into the high school, I thought they had to sit out a year if they had already played varsity at another school. Speaking of that other thread, HC elementary/middle school only has one class for each grade and they try to keep each class at 25 students. I have also heard that they have a waiting list for some grades. All said, the 8th grade is now at 28 students which is their max. If this is true, makes you wonder where those most recent 3 students were on the waiting list.
  3. I was joking at the fact that HHS has a sign up for visitors seating. I am aware of the center line rule and sitting across from the bench that your team is on. the problem at Tower Park is that the bleachers are not split equally. When playing HHS there, following the center line rule would actually provide more seating for the visitors. With the rain today and the limited parking in the lower lot, I would not be surprised to see people on here later complaining about the limited parking and distance to walk to get in to the park. I was just poking fun at one of the earlier threads where people were bashing the parking at Dixie.
  4. Congrats to Cov Cath. Would hate to see them eliminated because of defensive miscues.
  5. How is HC ranked #5 preseason? They graduated 3 starters and probably 4 of their top 7 players. They lost all of their size with the twins graduating. Is Kes going to switch to an uptempo game this season? If not, I don't see how they will be anywhere near what they had last year.
  6. Which takes us back to the original question/comment - why is football different than the rest of the sports for the KHSAA?
  7. Wow, that's pretty sad that either the school or the coach can't pay that. I understand that most coaches aren't paid much to coach and not wanting to pay the fee out of their pocket but $25 or $50 out of your budget isn't much.
  8. Can the non-member coaches submit players from their team for consideration? Why wouldn't the coaches just pay this fee out of their teams budget for the year or is it up to the AD at the school? It can't cost that much to be a member.
  9. Now, the big question is will they put up seating signs for which section of the stands the NDA & BB supporters should sit? What's the over/under for complaints on here about the parking at this game?:walk:
  10. It's closer than the Cov Cath / Mo Co game. You can make it in about an hour from just about anywhere in N KY.
  11. I would like to see this game but will not be able to make it unless someone can teleport me to NKU after the game is over. That 1 and 1/2 hour (minimum) drive won't get me back in time for a 9:15 meeting that I have.
  12. Do all of the coaches in each region vote? If so, then should all of the teams in that region be required to play each other? This way each coach will have had the opportunity to see all of the possible players up for each category against their own team.
  13. So, it sounds like politics and money. Sounds pretty much like what everything else in this country is centered around. I guess if you throw out the politics/other things & $$, it might be fair to break them down into 3 groups/classes like track & cross country do - small schools. medium sized & large. Then you could align your districts/regions accordingly. Be required to play everyone in your district (football) & region (other sports) and then let the top teams advance to the playoffs.
  14. I'm not familiar with any other states as I just recently returned to the country after being in Germany for 6 years. I reconnected with a buddy of mine from high school and have been to several of his kids (boys & girls) high school sporting events and have heard other people discussing this so I thought I would throw it out here.
  15. Being relatively knew to Kentucky and also BGP, I thought I would throw this out there per chance anyone knows the answer. I'm curious because I have seen various BGP posters comment in several other forums about KHSAA not recognizing the All A state champions in other sports such as basketball, soccer and also baseball. With the exception of football who has 6 classes, track and cross country have 3 classes/groupings, why do the other sports have to compete against all schools to hold the state title? I just don't see how it's fair competition for the smaller schools to have to compete against the larger schools.
  16. So, when will the official results be released or have they been? I would also like to ask how many players from each team are allowed to be nominated by that teams coach.
  17. So, will the Brossart NDA game be played at CCHS?
  18. I think the loss of #3 on defense for HC could have been the story of this game. That and the HC QB play or coaches play calling. Give the ball to #21 - Barnes on offense & let him carry you. He ran through numerous tackles. The HC keeper seemed to call his own number more than 21's number and the HC keeper went down easy to simple arm tackles. The QB also had some terrible passes - 1 or 2 interceptions that were nowhere near the intended receivers. I also have to question HCs choice to squib just about every kick off. They gave Lloyd good field position most of the night. One final note on the game. HC better find some speed in the secondary and also players that can tackle.
  19. They need to invest in a couple dump truck loads of dirt and place them in the middle of the field by the center line. Thus, eliminating the continental shelf that is currently there.:lol2:
  20. First bolded - I didn't hear this but overheard other parents talking about the girls coach leaving. Maybe he's taking the boy's job - couldn't hurt. Actually, I wouldn't wish that job on anyone given the lack of resources and players. Second bolded - I believe the player that would have been nominated for DPOY is actually the left back when the coach doesn't have him running all over the field man marking. I wouldn't put the early goals on the D backs but more so the mids who seemed to not stay with their offensive player marks thus causing the dbacks to have to slide and try to stop the ball leaving other offensive players open. If the coach did submit that defensive player for DPOY, I doubt that he gets it because to my understanding, the coach has to lobby in front of the other coaches as to why. I just don't see that happening with much of an effort if any. I was told this player really only allowed 1 goal all season (sorry YC that second goal A Snow scored on against HC, he wasn't being marked by this kid) and that was a goal to Morgan who hit a turning blast off a throw in where he had a 2 foot opening.
  21. First bolded above - Sounds like you might have been the CR? I would like to know what your definition of merely is. The offending player was close to and making a play on the ball until he heard the flag go up. If you're close enough to be involved in the play then your off. The offending player didn't run away from the ball. I understand that the you can be in an offside position but not called for it if you are not involved in the play. The AR was closer to the play than the CR and put the flag up because the player was involved in the play. Second bolded - Evidently the AR who called the offside must have missed that referee course. Like I said in my original post, it probably wasn't going to matter in determining the final winner/loser but it might have made the game a little more interesting had the offside been called and had HC converted on their corner kicks after that. All in all, I think the refs did a good job with the exception of the PK for Ryle in the second half. Evidently the defender cleared the ball in the box and then fouled the opposing player with his off foot? What the heck is that. Didn't matter, the keeper made the save and the defender who committed the "foul" cleared the rebound.
  22. I don't think that will happen. I expect to see a Ryle/Cov Cath final. They are the two best and overall quickest teams in the 9th region.
  23. HC gives up a goal in the first 35 seconds of the game. This after giving up a goal to Cov Cath in the first 25 seconds of their last game. Come on coach - have these kids ready to play when the whistle blows or offer them a seat on the bench if they want to be spectators. The story of this match was that HC was not ready for the speed of Ryle. HC might have had 2 or 3 kids that could match Ryle's speed. I think Ryle had their second goal about 10 minutes in and HC was done at this point. This was probably a goal that shouldn't have been allowed - but, the CR over ruled the ARs offside flag. The HC players saw the flag go up and stopped playing. The offending Ryle player was within 10 - 15 feet of the ball. He also slowed up along with most of Ryles players with the exception of one who raced by the stopped players and then had a break away with the keeper. Ryle was able to tack on 2 more goals by half and that was all she wrote. HC did have a couple opportunities in the first half off of back to back corner kicks. The Ryle keeper was able to deflect one header over the crossbar and the second header was denied by the cross bar. I don't recall if it was 2-0 or 3-0 Ryle at this point. Half time was 4 - 0 and the second half saw plenty of substitutions by both teams as this one was pretty much over.
  24. Nailed it - Dixie 3-2 (in PKs). No details since I wasn't there.
  25. Has Double Yellow been reincarnated and now attending St Henry? :irked:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.