Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Cats Pause

Featured Replies

Preseason Top 10 Teams

 

1. Holmes

2. Highlands

3. Ryle

4. Notre Dame

5. Holy Cross

6. Boone County

7. Cooper

8. Newport Central Catholic

9. Conner

10. St Henry

 

Region's Top 10 Players

 

1. Briana Adler, SR Highlands

2. Dajah McClendon, SR Holy Cross

3. Jynea Harris, SR Holmes

4. Ansley Davenport, SR NCC

5. Tyrah McClendon-Englemon, SO Holmes

6. Lexi Held, SO Cooper

7. McKenzie Leigh, SR Highlands

8. Hannah Tubbs, SR Holmes

9. Mallory Schwartz, SR Ryle

10. Jenna Martin, JR Notre Dame

 

by Marc Hardin Kentucky Enquirer

Edited by TripleSevens

  • Replies 101
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

FYI...I am aware that Hannah Tubbs is no longer at Holmes or in the 9th region, however, I posted what was printed.

 

Anyway, it should allow discussion on who could take her place in the top ten.

  • Author

One thing I noticed is all four of the 33rd district teams in this top ten. Ryle, Cooper Boone, Conner. It appears that district will continue to be brutal.

FYI...I am aware that Hannah Tubbs is no longer at Holmes or in the 9th region, however, I posted what was printed.

 

Anyway, it should allow discussion on who could take her place in the top ten.

 

Ask this question too...apparently this top ten was assembled with the assumption Tubbs was playing for Holmes. With Tubbs not in the picture, does that change anyone's opinion on the rankings?

 

No, this is not my ploy to have HHS move to Number 1. I could care less about rankings...other than discussion.

One thing I noticed is all four of the 33rd district teams in this top ten. Ryle, Cooper Boone, Conner. It appears that district will continue to be brutal.

Agree with this..33rd will indeed be loaded but only two players in top 10. So with this in mind I'll throw out a couple of potentials to your question of who could take the last spot on top ten players list with Tubbs gone. Several worthy and it often depends on if you're viewing top scoring average or top player. Here's four worthy of considerations from the 33rd that other teams will be game planning around:

Boone: Kaela Sanar

Conner: Hunter Hendricks

Ryle: Aimee Jump

Ryle: Carly Lange

Great list!! I totally agree. Kaela Saner will be a big surprise for anyone who has not had the opportunity to see her play.

  • Author
Ask this question too...apparently this top ten was assembled with the assumption Tubbs was playing for Holmes. With Tubbs not in the picture, does that change anyone's opinion on the rankings?

 

No, this is not my ploy to have HHS move to Number 1. I could care less about rankings...other than discussion.

 

It certainly narrows or removes any space between them. And I'm with you, while the preseason rank is fun, the post season rank is what matters.

I font disagree with who is in the top 10 but I do disagree in the order they are in. This is my opinion but don't think Adler is the best player in the region one of the best absolutely. I am not down playing her at all because she is a very good player and a great young lady just wouldn't put her down as #1.

  • Author
Agree with this..33rd will indeed be loaded but only two players in top 10. So with this in mind I'll throw out a couple of potentials to your question of who could take the last spot on top ten players list with Tubbs gone. Several worthy and it often depends on if you're viewing top scoring average or top player. Here's four worthy of considerations from the 33rd that other teams will be game planning around:

Boone: Kaela Sanar

Conner: Hunter Hendricks

Ryle: Aimee Jump

Ryle: Carly Lange

 

My guess is Kaela Saner would be on this list had she played in the 9th previously.

 

I like the other suggestions, especially Hendricks. I would love to add Taylor Gambrel also, but I understand these things get crowded quickly.

  • Author
I font disagree with who is in the top 10 but I do disagree in the order they are in. This is my opinion but don't think Adler is the best player in the region one of the best absolutely. I am not down playing her at all because she is a very good player and a great young lady just wouldn't put her down as #1.

 

Best shooter, very good defensively with her length, great ball handler, and has added the ability to score attacking the rim making her more than one dimensional from the perimeter. I'll keep her 1st.

Best shooter, very good defensively with her length, great ball handler, and has added the ability to score attacking the rim making her more than one dimensional from the perimeter. I'll keep her 1st.

 

Agree she has gotten better but still not the all around player she should be starting I think as a 7th grader, I just think her game should be much better than it is. I very good shooter no doubt, ok defensively she has trouble guarding on the perimeter, attacks the rim a little better than before. Trust me she is in my top 5.

Agree she has gotten better but still not the all around player she should be starting I think as a 7th grader, I just think her game should be much better than it is. I very good shooter no doubt, ok defensively she has trouble guarding on the perimeter, attacks the rim a little better than before. Trust me she is in my top 5.

 

From watching Adler play a ton of games since about 4th grade, I agree with Sevens. She is by far the best shooter in the region. She is way better defensively than most think. And now that she attacks with a little more aggressiveness (started that last year BTW), she becomes harder to guard because you HAVE to stay so close to her. What a lot of people don't get is that when she drives, it doesn't always matter what the result is because she is very good at drawing fouls as well...and btw, she's an 85% free throw shooter!

 

Now, if I had any feedback for her...it would be that she becomes a stronger rebounder. She gets a lot of loose ball rebounds, but I think one of the things HHS has to do well this year is rebound. They need to get tough rebounds. If they rebound well, they are a tough out. If they don't, they can be vulnerable. However, I will say they have probably two of the best rebounding guards in Coffey and Barth. Both will mix it up and are not afraid of contact.

  • Author
Agree she has gotten better but still not the all around player she should be starting I think as a 7th grader, I just think her game should be much better than it is. I very good shooter no doubt, ok defensively she has trouble guarding on the perimeter, attacks the rim a little better than before. Trust me she is in my top 5.

 

Top 5? Your a tough customer. :lol2:

 

I would let you get away with top 3...maybe.

Agree she has gotten better but still not the all around player she should be starting I think as a 7th grader, I just think her game should be much better than it is. I very good shooter no doubt, ok defensively she has trouble guarding on the perimeter, attacks the rim a little better than before. Trust me she is in my top 5.

 

Lets see yours...for :poop:'s and giggles!

Agree she has gotten better but still not the all around player she should be starting I think as a 7th grader, I just think her game should be much better than it is. I very good shooter no doubt, ok defensively she has trouble guarding on the perimeter, attacks the rim a little better than before. Trust me she is in my top 5.

 

Wow!! She is a all around player. As Triple Sevens said she can do it all. She showed that over the summer game after game. You may disagree with the rankings but don't doubt Adler's game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.