Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Cats Pause

Featured Replies

  • Replies 101
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High School coaches have contact with out of district athletes in AAU and in their own camps. If they see kids with potential, I'm sure many would make remarks that would be considered inviting. In addition, kids influence other kids regarding decisions as to where they are going to play.

 

That being said, if there is a 3rd party providing athlete specific support, then that is another matter completely.

deleted

 

Well darn it. I had a response ready to go.

 

I have it copied if you'd still like a reply.

High School coaches have contact with out of district athletes in AAU and in their own camps. If they see kids with potential, I'm sure many would make remarks that would be considered inviting. In addition, kids influence other kids regarding decisions as to where they are going to play.

 

That being said, if there is a 3rd party providing athlete specific support, then that is another matter completely.

 

I'm sure that goes on too. And it's not right either, but hopefully intelligent people can make their own assessment that is not what I'm talking about here. Do people really think this is all over a few "suggestive" comments at a camp? Or even an AAU coach being hired??? Wow! And there are multiple others that have chimed in, so it's not just me that knows. I probably just have a more rounded piece and others know bits and pieces. When you break everything down to individual things and address one thing at a time, those individual things may not be as impactful and you could probably minimize them by saying well "everyone does it". Which still doesn't make it right. But when you add a lot of "little things", then the picture starts to fog a little.

Well darn it. I had a response ready to go.

 

I have it copied if you'd still like a reply.

 

Does your "like" suggest you'd like a reply?

Well aren't you funny. This started way before HC had ever beaten HHS...so that answer is no. Has nothing to do with that. But that's kinda funny. My daughter is a senior this year, so we'll see if they beat them this year when it actually means something to me. Do you think HC was the only team to beat HHS last year?? Why am I not talking about the others??

 

If you really think any of this has to do with their reacent success, you are silly. We are talking about kids that aren't going to have an impact for a couple years. And others. Like I said, I'm not just talking about the aau team. People just keep asking about the aau team.

 

And apparently you aren't following along too closely. There are MANY people that are concerned and the majority have NOTHING to do with HHS basketball. In fact, I've talked to more HC people than HHS people!!

 

But nice try my man. I know a lot and it's not normal what's going on. I can assure you. I will ask this again. Usually when you have a very successful season and have a very successful player that helped make that season, they are almost always honored with awards from their peers. Correct? Coach of the year and players of the year awards? Why do you think that player and coach didn't win POY and COY? Oh I know...cause only the HHS staff voted. Lol! There was a reason for that.[/QUOTE]

 

why? because looks who votes on it. anyone who didn't vote for murphy and turner should lose their voting rights, End of story!!

Well aren't you funny. This started way before HC had ever beaten HHS...so that answer is no. Has nothing to do with that. But that's kinda funny. My daughter is a senior this year, so we'll see if they beat them this year when it actually means something to me. Do you think HC was the only team to beat HHS last year?? Why am I not talking about the others??

 

If you really think any of this has to do with their reacent success, you are silly. We are talking about kids that aren't going to have an impact for a couple years. And others. Like I said, I'm not just talking about the aau team. People just keep asking about the aau team.

 

And apparently you aren't following along too closely. There are MANY people that are concerned and the majority have NOTHING to do with HHS basketball. In fact, I've talked to more HC people than HHS people!!

 

But nice try my man. I know a lot and it's not normal what's going on. I can assure you. I will ask this again. Usually when you have a very successful season and have a very successful player that helped make that season, they are almost always honored with awards from their peers. Correct? Coach of the year and players of the year awards? Why do you think that player and coach didn't win POY and COY? Oh I know...cause only the HHS staff voted. Lol! There was a reason for that.[/QUOTE]

 

why? because looks who votes on it. anyone who didn't vote for murphy and turner should lose their voting rights, End of story!!

 

In a normal situation...I would agree 100%. But if your peers don't respect what's going on...there's a chance they won't vote for you right? I agree with you...should have been a no-brainer right??? Why wasn't it?? Sometimes it's the "how" not the "what".

 

In a normal situation...I would agree 100%. But if your peers don't respect what's going on...there's a chance they won't vote for you right? I agree with you...should have been a no-brainer right??? Why wasn't it?? Sometimes it's the "how" not the "what".

 

I agree and get all that but let's be real. if coaches are really not giving an award because of not performance but a popularity contest then we have bigger issues than what kid is going to what school. I know it goes on but that by adults is sad. dislike them or their methods all you want but I surely would be embarrassed to take an award I didn't really earn. IMO

Well darn it. I had a response ready to go.

 

I have it copied if you'd still like a reply.

 

Sure. If you really did have something.... I'll give it a read.

 

I'm really having trouble trying to figure out if you are a parent or a coach. I can tell you are loyal to HHS, not HC.

 

If you were a parent of a poor athlete then you wouldn't be angry at all that a better athlete has left... so if you are a parent then you are angry because your child is a good athlete and has lost a peer.?.

 

If you are a coach then you would definitely be angry that you lost a good athlete and maybe have invested some time coaching this player.

 

Now.... this same argument can be made for both the boys going to HC and the girls going to HC.... but you made the argument on a girls thread. So, you have a daughter that is a good athlete or you are currently coaching at HHS.?...

 

It will come to me. Keep giving clues.

 

I know that I'm making lite of this, but I think you are internalizing this way too much.

RC9, I wrote that last response before I read the part about you having a senior daughter. She play softball or basketball?

RC9, I wrote that last response before I read the part about you having a senior daughter. She play softball or basketball?

 

I was just re reading that as well. dang I would hate to be last years senior players or parents at HHS finding out RC didn't care about losing last year because his kid wasn't a senior and doesn't care about the future since his will be gone. so why care about what other schools are doing for the future.

Sure. If you really did have something.... I'll give it a read.

 

I'm really having trouble trying to figure out if you are a parent or a coach. I can tell you are loyal to HHS, not HC.

 

If you were a parent of a poor athlete then you wouldn't be angry at all that a better athlete has left... so if you are a parent then you are angry because your child is a good athlete and has lost a peer.?.

 

If you are a coach then you would definitely be angry that you lost a good athlete and maybe have invested some time coaching this player.

 

Now.... this same argument can be made for both the boys going to HC and the girls going to HC.... but you made the argument on a girls thread. So, you have a daughter that is a good athlete or you are currently coaching at HHS.?...

 

It will come to me. Keep giving clues.

 

I know that I'm making lite of this, but I think you are internalizing this way too much.

 

I have no problem telling you exactly who I am. Most know who I am on here because I don't hide behind this name. In fact, my BGP name is my initials. There's your first hint. But I really don't believe you don't know who I am because MANY of your HC connections know exactly who I am. To answer, yes, I have two daughters at HHS and both are very good athletes. Secondlly, I do coach at HHS...but not basketball! I just know a lot about basketball because my girls played and I coached AAU for a long time. I'm connected in a lot of ways. That's why the information falls in my lap! I don't care (and never have) who knows who I am. I have said many times...I don't say things on here that I would tell someone directly. Ask around, I'm not hard to identify.

 

I agree and get all that but let's be real. if coaches are really not giving an award because of not performance but a popularity contest then we have bigger issues than what kid is going to what school. I know it goes on but that by adults is sad. dislike them or their methods all you want but I surely would be embarrassed to take an award I didn't really earn. IMO

 

I agree. It goes back to the how and the what. If you have success, but noone respects the "how" you acheived your success, then that's not a popularity contest. Secondly, even if you want to go with a popularity contest, then why is that player and coach not popular. Because they won??? Nah, then no winner or successful player would have ever won the award in the past. And if you look back, in most years, it's always been rewarded to the most successful or did more with less player or coach. If you do thing right, personal rewards come. That's what I'm talking about. If you don't, then you may not get respect from your peers. Again, just another little piece of the puzzle that's an indication that many don't agree with the situation.

I have no problem telling you exactly who I am. Most know who I am on here because I don't hide behind this name. In fact, my BGP name is my initials. There's your first hint. But I really don't believe you don't know who I am because MANY of your HC connections know exactly who I am. To answer, yes, I have two daughters at HHS and both are very good athletes. Secondlly, I do coach at HHS...but not basketball! I just know a lot about basketball because my girls played and I coached AAU for a long time. I'm connected in a lot of ways. That's why the information falls in my lap! I don't care (and never have) who knows who I am. I have said many times...I don't say things on here that I would tell someone directly. Ask around, I'm not hard to identify.

 

Well, you've taken the fun out of this haven't you? I'll just drink my coffee and get back to work.

I was just re reading that as well. dang I would hate to be last years senior players or parents at HHS finding out RC didn't care about losing last year because his kid wasn't a senior and doesn't care about the future since his will be gone. so why care about what other schools are doing for the future.

 

Why would they care if I didn't care. And I said I care about this year more because my daughter is a senior. They all know I cared.

 

And let me put it to you this way...for as long as my daughter has played...if I was going to be bitter for losing to a team, it wouldn't be HC! It would be ND! HC has only beaten my daughter twice in 5 years and they were both last year! ND on the other hand has been our nemesis. Strange...you'd think that would be the team...if it was about being bitter. Ha ha ha!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.