BlacknGold

Who wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe this thread us so dead. Just a few years ago these two hooked up in three of the greatest games in the playoffs those seasons. I look for Tito be just as competitive this time.

I'm with you Hatz. I figured this would be one of the most talked about games of the week.

Done a little research on Bell County. The Bobcats love to run that ball and they will come at you with several backs. They are led by Treyton Humfleet who ran for 130 yards on 13 carries with 4 TD's and Chase Woolum who ran for 77 yards on 14 carries with 1 TD. But don't let the run game catch you off guard because their quarterback, Peyton Collet, completed 70% of his passes for 91 yards last week. In their season opener Bell County gave up 128 yards of offense with an average of 4 yards per play while putting up over 400 yards themselves.

Now I know Middlesboro isn't on Boyle County's level by any means but Middlesboro isn't a really bad team either. Bell County seems to enjoy the underdog role for now as they fly under the radar. We see you Bell County. :lol2:

I have a lot of respect for Bell County. The 3 games that these two teams played in the Semi's are all classics. I expected to see the same Saturday night.

I'm expecting the same thing. Bell County could possibly wear that Boyle County defense out with as many backs as they throw at you. The only thing that would surprise me on Saturday night is a blowout of either team.

Edited by charlesw88
Punctuation.

Done a little research on Bell County. The Bobcats love to run that ball and they will come at you with several backs. They are led by Treyton Humfleet who ran for 130 yards on 13 carries with 4 TD's and Chase Woolum who ran for 77 yards on 14 carries with 1 TD. But don't let the run game catch you off guard because their quarterback, Peyton Collet, completed 70% of his passes for 91 yards last week. In their season opener Bell County gave up 128 yards of offense with an average of 4 yards per play while putting up over 400 yards themselves.

Now I know Middlesboro isn't on Boyle County's level by any means but Middlesboro isn't a really bad team either. Bell County seems to enjoy the underdog role for now as they fly under the radar. We see you Bell County. :lol2:

Yes we do!!!!!!

I remember the first semifinal game and all I kept saying is that they can't pass the ball and we'll win. Next thing you know they killed us all night with shirt slants and got the victory over us. I'll never underestimate Bell County again. Lesson learned. :lol2:

I'm just glad I'll be able to watch a Boyle/Bell game without putting on 3 layers of clothes underneath my coveralls, no gloves, tobaggon or feet warmers either.

I know right! :lol2:

Looking at the forecast it looks like a beautiful night is ahead. 82 degrees with a low of 61 and sunny all day. This is for Saturday night of course.

Yes we do!!!!!!

I remember the first semifinal game and all I kept saying is that they can't pass the ball and we'll win. Next thing you know they killed us all night with shirt slants and got the victory over us. I'll never underestimate Bell County again. Lesson learned. :lol2:

That along with the 5 turnovers. :lol2:

Those were some great games. I'll never forget when Boyle County beat Bell County with that field goal and I was thinking to myself, wow that was probably the greatest HS game I had ever seen. Of course that was followed by the Lone Oak game in which immediately took that spot.

That along with the 5 turnovers. :lol2:

Those were some great games. I'll never forget when Boyle County beat Bell County with that field goal and I was thinking to myself, wow that was probably the greatest HS game I had ever seen. Of course that was followed by the Lone Oak game in which immediately took that spot.

I remember feeling the exact same way. I miss me some Rees Macshara. Loved that kid.

I remember feeling the exact same way. I miss me some Rees Macshara. Loved that kid.

He was an amazing back. You wouldn't have thought so looking at him but when he put on those pads and grabbed that football, wow! Just grab your popcorn and watch the show.

One thing that does play in Bell's favor is the fact Boyle is not an especially deep team from what I see.

Several guys asked to play both ways . Besides an overall lack of team speed Bell's biggest Achilles heel is the same thing and against top flight teams in the past like a Central or Wayne County in recent years this has been a negative for them.

Against Boyle I see this neutralizing out. And with the size advantage up front it ends up being a positive for Bell overall,

If Bell wins it will be by grinding Boyle for three quarters and keeping it close enough to make a move late against a tired Rebel front.

With that said, and as I mentioned earlier, I simply don't see that happening. I think Boyle gets enough big plays on both sides to neutralize and then pulls away down the stretch when Bell starts getting a little desperate.

One thing that does play in Bell's favor is the fact Boyle is not an especially deep team from what I see.

Several guys asked to play both ways . Besides an overall lack of team speed Bell's biggest Achilles heel is the same thing and against top flight teams in the past like a Central or Wayne County in recent years this has been a negative for them.

Against Boyle I see this neutralizing out. And with the size advantage up front it ends up being a positive for Bell overall,

If Bell wins it will be by grinding Boyle for three quarters and keeping it close enough to make a move late against a tired Rebel front.

With that said, and as I mentioned earlier, I simply don't see that happening. I think Boyle gets enough big plays on both sides to neutralize and then pulls away down the stretch when Bell starts getting a little desperate.

All great points. In order for Bell to be successful they will have to move the chains consistently and wear out Boyle. If the Boyle defense can get off the field in short notice then they should be okay. I don't foresee a lot of big plays taking place from either team, but I could be wrong.

Boyle has a lot of youth on the field as well and this will be a great opportunity for them to gain some playoff-type experience.