Justin Miller Withdraws From Kentucky Wesleyan

I believe in finding the right situation, but this just seems odd. Commit to a school, change mind. Sign & enroll in a school then withdrawal. Coaches are going to question his choices. The next level is about team play and getting individuals that will accept that. Don't know the kid personally but he is going to find a landing place hard to come by now..

I believe in finding the right situation, but this just seems odd. Commit to a school, change mind. Sign & enroll in a school then withdrawal. Coaches are going to question his choices. The next level is about team play and getting individuals that will accept that. Don't know the kid personally but he is going to find a landing place hard to come by now..

Most spots at schools at all levels are taken by now. Hopefully he had a plan in place before withdrawing or finding a landing place will be harder than expected.

Justin Miller dropped a ton of weight this summer. I mean he physically looked like a totally different player from the state championship game. I think you combine that with the fact the other Owensboro area kids seem to be headed to D1 schools and Miller wanted to see what he could do at the highest level. I personally think KWC was a great fit for him and he would've been a D2 AA level player eventually. (And it's messed up he left the Panthers in a bad position roster wise.). Anyway I hope Miller lands where he can be successful.

So much resolves around D1.... Good basketball can be found on any level in college (D2, NAIA). A great education goes a lot further than better basketball competition. I believe KWC will be fine. I do think other schools will question his commitment before signing him.

"

So much resolves around D1.... Good basketball can be found on any level in college (D2, NAIA). A great education goes a lot further than better basketball competition. I believe KWC will be fine. I do think other schools will question his commitment before signing him.

It's hard to convince some players of that.

Justin Miller dropped a ton of weight this summer. I mean he physically looked like a totally different player from the state championship game.

That's great. He wasn't going to reach his potential if he didn't, so sounds like he started to realize that and take steps to improve in that aspect. A good mentor for him would be former Murray State standout and ex NBA'er Popeye Jones. I went to school with Popeye, and he did the exact same thing after his freshman year at Murray. Came in weighing something like 320 pounds, dropped about 80 pounds between freshman and sophomore year. Went from totally anonymous freshman player to nationally known and helped make Murray a force to be reckoned with.