Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jason Day wins PGA

Featured Replies

Agree on all counts, but I changed one little word.

 

Yep, the tune eats at you like a flesh eating bacterium.

On a side note, I'd agree with Bubba.

 

Also, the rule from five years ago that penalized Dustin Johnson for grounding his club in a "trap" was completely bogus too. How can you have the gallery standing in a trap?

Not sure if it costs a lot of money to set it up for each hole or what, but why it is not utilized more than it is I will never know. That was a big reason I loved Fox's coverage of the US Open. They used the shot tracker quite a bit. Hell, I can't see my own golf balls when I play half the time, no reason to think I can see the pro's golf balls through my television.

 

It's right by your foot. :lol2:

 

Seriously...I feel the same way...it is a great tool for the view. They need to do one for putts too.

On a side note, I'd agree with Bubba.

 

Also, the rule from five years ago that penalized Dustin Johnson for grounding his club in a "trap" was completely bogus too. How can you have the gallery standing in a trap?

 

I agree. I think some golf rules are overly punitive and bring luck too much into the picture. I remember a few years ago hitting my best tee shot ever on a hole and landing in a ridiculously deep divot. We were playing the ball down and for a few coins, so I had to attempt to play out of it which was impossible. I wasn't too happy to say the least. :taz:

 

I often wonder what life would be like if people took the Bible as seriously and literally as many golfers do the rules of golf. :idunno:

The play was tremendous and some awesome talent, but for Whistling Straights the course was not playing difficult. With it being hot the greens were having to stay wet so the players could throw darts.

 

Was getting ready to say the same thing. Those greens have to be dry and hard for the course to play tough.

  • Author
Was getting ready to say the same thing. Those greens have to be dry and hard for the course to play tough.

 

This just shows how good these guys are. We are acting like a 7,500 yard course with over 1,000 bunkers and trouble looming on every hole is a pitch and putt course since the greens were receptive. How many par 4's were over 500 yards? There was a 227 par 3 that was on the side of a cliff. What does the commercial say..."these guys are good"!

This just shows how good these guys are. We are acting like a 7,500 yard course with over 1,000 bunkers and trouble looming on every hole is a pitch and putt course since the greens were receptive. How many par 4's were over 500 yards? There was a 227 par 3 that was on the side of a cliff. What does the commercial say..."these guys are good"!

 

Good post. These guys are ridiculously good. Add today's technological advances and 7,500 yard courses are close to the norm for a professional and comparable to the 7,000 yard courses or less of 40 years ago.

Technology has changed the game.

 

Lengths of the course for The Masters at the start of each decade:

 

2010: 7,435 yards (6,799 m)

2000: 6,985 yards (6,387 m)

1990: 6,905 yards (6,314 m)

1980: 7,040 yards (6,437 m)

1970: 6,980 yards (6,383 m)

1960: 6,980 yards (6,383 m)

1950: 6,900 yards (6,309 m)

1940: 6,800 yards (6,218 m

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.