Jason Day wins PGA

ggclfan

What a performance by Jason Day this weekend and especially today! To hold off Jordan Spieth on US turf was impressive. Golf should be in a good place for quite some time now. Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Justin Rose, Rickie Fowler, Dustin Johnson, etc...a lot of younger guys who can really play. I hope Tiger can put it together to be competitive next year but I am afraid the new young guns just have a gear that Tiger used to have and does not any longer...hope I am wrong...

What a performance by Jason Day this weekend and especially today! To hold off Jordan Spieth on US turf was impressive. Golf should be in a good place for quite some time now. Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Justin Rose, Rickie Fowler, Dustin Johnson, etc...a lot of younger guys who can really play. I hope Tiger can put it together to be competitive next year but I am afraid the new young guns just have a gear that Tiger used to have and does not any longer...hope I am wrong...

You're not wrong. That course was playing very difficult and those guys put up those scores. You're right, Tiger just doesn't have that gear anymore.

Gotta admit that I get just a tad depressed after PGA Sunday. Last major of the season. Especially during non-Ryder Cup years.

There is one pleasant takeaway, though. I won't have to listen to that "Hall of Fame" song on the Rolex commercial eleventy billion times a day.

Gotta admit that I get just a tad depressed after PGA Sunday. Last major of the season. Especially during non-Ryder Cup years.

There is one pleasant takeaway, though. I won't have to listen to that "Hall of Fame" song on the Rolex commercial eleventy billion times a day.

TOTALLY agree Papa. No major until next April?? I have to go through winter before another one?? UGH! That commercial...they play it during EVERY break...geez...

At least with the President's Cup, the Americans have a chance of winning...could see a Day/Spieth pairing during the President's Cup...that would be fun.

Love watching the shot tracker. Day hits it higher than anyone, with the possible exception of BigVelocityMan23.

The tracker to golf is like the yellow first down line in football. You can't watch without it anymore. Can you imagine watching a football game now without that yellow line??

Not going to lie, was pulling for Spieth in this one when the day started. But when they got to 16, I really didn't want Day to have a monumental choke (see Dustin Johnson on hole 1) just so Jordan could win. Happy for him winning it, given what happened to him during the previous two majors.

You're not wrong. That course was playing very difficult and those guys put up those scores. You're right, Tiger just doesn't have that gear anymore.

The play was tremendous and some awesome talent, but for Whistling Straights the course was not playing difficult. With it being hot the greens were having to stay wet so the players could throw darts.

Love watching the shot tracker. Day hits it higher than anyone, with the possible exception of BigVelocityMan23.

The tracker to golf is like the yellow first down line in football. You can't watch without it anymore. Can you imagine watching a football game now without that yellow line??

Not sure if it costs a lot of money to set it up for each hole or what, but why it is not utilized more than it is I will never know. That was a big reason I loved Fox's coverage of the US Open. They used the shot tracker quite a bit. Hell, I can't see my own golf balls when I play half the time, no reason to think I can see the pro's golf balls through my television.

Not sure if it costs a lot of money to set it up for each hole or what, but why it is not utilized more than it is I will never know. That was a big reason I loved Fox's coverage of the US Open. They used the shot tracker quite a bit. Hell, I can't see my own golf balls when I play half the time, no reason to think I can see the pro's golf balls through my television.

Fox HAD to use it, because they didn't have any camera operators who could follow the ball in flight from further down the fairway. Heck, they had a hard time finding the ball when it stopped rolling.

I'm very happy for him, his emotion on 18 got me a little choked up to be honest. And if I I never hear that stupid Rory Omega watch commercial again, it'll still be too soon.

Agree on all counts, but I changed one little word.