John Hardin 21 Daviess County 14 (Scrimmage)

Typical John game of the past few years, lots of penalties. Shay Stone looked good at times, overthrew some receivers.

Defense is much improved over last season, offense ran the ball well, with that being said, Daviess County moved the ball well at times, had one big pass play for TD. Varsity score was 21-14 John, at the end of the 3rd quarter. JV played the 4th quarter and Daviess County scored on the last play of the game on a twisting, diving run into the end zone.

Johns D-backs are small, may hurt them this season.

Kicker for John has a cannon for a leg, really impressive.

If you are a John Hardin fan, you need to be worried about next weeks game, I think South Warren is too strong for this team so early in the season, later on in the season (playoffs), might be a different story.

About what I expected. Typical inconsistent and young team. I have heard that Daviess County is supposed to be pretty good this year, but they should not be within 7 points of JH. As far as the DBs are concerned, this is where the Witherspoon suspension hurts the Bulldogs. He is around 6'3" and would be a great safety back there.

If John Hardin can keep next week's game competitive, than that will bode well down the road. I will still be surprised if SW beats them handily, but who knows.

Close score.

This scrimmage, though was never in question. John jumped out to a 14-0 lead after the 1st quarter. Daviess first three drives were 3 and outs. John only punted one time the whole night if memory serves me correct.

Daviess abandoned the run after the first quarter or so...Couldn't move it. Their QB is very nice (Elite 11 qualifier or something like that) as is their top WR and OL who were all 5 seniors.

John was clearing the bench the first three quarters up front. I bet they played 10-12 different defensive linemen and 7-8 offensive linemen on a pretty regular basis. JH was about to stick it in, again before the 3rd quarter horn sounded.

After seeing John in the playoffs the last couple years, and all that they have started to do...you could tell last night that they kept things extremely basic. I mean, to the base 4-5 plays of the Delaware Wing-T. With that said, I'd be willing to bet they averaged 10 yards a carry last night.

South Warren is stout. No doubt they are the favorite, as they should be. Talking about a squad last year that was a late game turnover from potentially being your 3A State Champ (I think they'd have caused more problems offensively for Belfry, while their D and Central's was as close to a wash as you could ask for).

Daviess had a solid squad I thought. Returned about all from a year ago. Almost 30 seniors. And, not that I'm into the comparing scores...but, a 4-7 6A team that took SW to an 11 point game last year.

Close score.

This scrimmage, though was never in question. John jumped out to a 14-0 lead after the 1st quarter. Daviess first three drives were 3 and outs. John only punted one time the whole night if memory serves me correct.

Daviess abandoned the run after the first quarter or so...Couldn't move it. Their QB is very nice (Elite 11 qualifier or something like that) as is their top WR and OL who were all 5 seniors.

John was clearing the bench the first three quarters up front. I bet they played 10-12 different defensive linemen and 7-8 offensive linemen on a pretty regular basis. JH was about to stick it in, again before the 3rd quarter horn sounded.

After seeing John in the playoffs the last couple years, and all that they have started to do...you could tell last night that they kept things extremely basic. I mean, to the base 4-5 plays of the Delaware Wing-T. With that said, I'd be willing to bet they averaged 10 yards a carry last night.

South Warren is stout. No doubt they are the favorite, as they should be. Talking about a squad last year that was a late game turnover from potentially being your 3A State Champ (I think they'd have caused more problems offensively for Belfry, while their D and Central's was as close to a wash as you could ask for).

Daviess had a solid squad I thought. Returned about all from a year ago. Almost 30 seniors. And, not that I'm into the comparing scores...but, a 4-7 6A team that took SW to an 11 point game last year.

Great insight Harry and it puts things in perspective last night. Coach Lewis did say they actually have a lot of depth at the offensive and defensive lines so I'm sure he is finalizing the depth chart. Next week's game should be very interesting

Great insight Harry and it puts things in perspective last night. Coach Lewis did say they actually have a lot of depth at the offensive and defensive lines so I'm sure he is finalizing the depth chart. Next week's game should be very interesting

They do. While mostly all sophs-juniors (even a couple of very promising freshmen. One at TE and one at DT..both started last night), the potential is there for a very deep group of guys on both sides. They aren't overly big, a bunch of 180-225 types, but all seem to move well and good motors.

Did the big kid play last night. I believe he is 6'7" and 300 plus pounds.

One from Texas? No. I don't believe so. I think all of his paperwork was just finished up from there and all things that must go on with out of state deals, etc. Apparently supposed to start practice Monday. So, he won't be available until the 3rd or 4th game I wouldn't think. He played at Killen HS in Texas and will be a junior. His name slips me, but from all accounts, he is a player.