5A #4 Covington Catholic vs. Ryle Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do you think wins?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins?

• Ryle
    • Covington Catholic

You just disrespected last year's seniors who had some real good football players, some of who are playing at the next level. I expect a real competitive football game today between two programs that appear to be on the rise. Good luck to both schools.

Cov. Cath lost a lot of very good players from last years team, I said that. Can't you read?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cov. Cath lost a lot of very good players from last years team, I said that. Can't you read?

Pretty sure he means you disrespected Ryles departed seniors with your comment "Cov Cath lost a lot of very good players to graduation while Ryle didn't".

Whatever- I completely respect the Ryle players and coaches and expect this to be a great game. Last two have been won in the final quarter if not final minutes- I expect the same tonight.

Go Colonels!

Well they made some in school and posted them on twitter with a superimposed " bad word " Ryle. The spirit and fun of competition is one thing. Flat out disrespect for another institution and singling out players is another. No big deal, it's just not what I teach my kids. Some of the Ryle players seen them.

Someone already mentioned this before, but it happens everywhere. I have seen in the past Ryle students post some inappropriate things on Twitter towards Cooper, as I have seen Cooper do it to Ryle. High school kids do childish things that mean no harm, just being kids. Not excusing it, but what do you expect?

Social media is as big of a curse as it is a blessing, especially to high school kids who live within a 20 mile radius of about 15 high schools.

^ I understand everyones justification of kids just being kids. What I don't understand why it's condoned and overlooked. My kids don't do that and IF they did it would be dealt with. Not excused away. I parent my kids. Maybe that's why they get compliments from coaches, parents, citizenship awards. They are taught and know how to act. I personally wouldn't have it any other way. To each his own. No sweat..

^ I understand everyones justification of kids just being kids. What I don't understand why it's condoned and overlooked. My kids don't do that and IF they did it would be dealt with. Not excused away. I parent my kids. Maybe that's why they get compliments from coaches, parents, citizenship awards. They are taught and know how to act. I personally wouldn't have it any other way. To each his own. No sweat..

Who on here condoned anything. You painted all of CovCath with a broad brush. The only reply was that kids are kids. I'm not aware of any parent of the kids who did it getting on here and "excusing away," anything. Your hands must be sore from patting yourself on the back.

Who on here condoned anything. You painted all of CovCath with a broad brush. The only reply was that kids are kids. I'm not aware of any parent of the kids who did it getting on here and "excusing away," anything. Your hands must be sore from patting yourself on the back.

Not at all, I've lived long enough and seen enough to know how differently people parent. No right or wrong way just my opinion. Now you can get off my back. Nothing wrong with kids who wouldn't do that and know better. PM me if you want to continue this, this really isn't the forum.

Is there a lot of pressure on CCH going in? If they lose this game can they still expect to contend for the 5A title, or the district title for that matter?

A game 1 loss to a team with a strong returning cast would not, by itself, tell us much. Now if's a blowout loss that would be different.

Not at all, I've lived long enough and seen enough to know how differently people parent. No right or wrong way just my opinion. Now you can get off my back. Nothing wrong with kids who wouldn't do that and know better. PM me if you want to continue this, this really isn't the forum.

Nobody is on your back. That was like the 3rd post where you discussed this sign issue and told us how your kids would never do such a thing. That is fine, but we got the point the 1st time. Nobody condones offensive spirit signs.

Nobody is on your back. That was like the 3rd post where you discussed this sign issue and told us how your kids would never do such a thing. That is fine, but we got the point the 1st time. Nobody condones offensive spirit signs.

I replied to replies. I made one post and people replied. I was set to stop talking about it. Still am. Gave my two cents based on my experience. No big deal I expect better from people and kids. And no I'm not perfect, I thank the father for his son. I'm often disappointed and I don't hold grudges. If you think I overstepped my bounds I'm sorry. It takes a village and I live in it.

Here is the bottom line for this game. Cov. Cath lost a lot of very good players from last years team, where as Ryle didn't. Ryle has much better play makers then Cov. Cath, not to mention over all team speed as well. I really don't think this game will be that close, Ryle by 10 or more points, they are the better team, period end of story. Expect your first loss Cov. Cath in about 9 hrs. from now. FEAR DA RAIDER!
GO RAIDERS!

So Ryle didn't lose any good players? Ross, Arwine, Teepen, Wolf, Belk and a few others? Wow! Ryles O-line will struggle.

Is there a lot of pressure on CCH going in? If they lose this game can they still expect to contend for the 5A title, or the district title for that matter?

I would think so. Losing this game would mean nothing in 5A since Ryle is 6A.