"Hot Reads" — 'Hoof' on fire: Burning passion brings Raceland's Vanderhoof back

Some people may find it funny that Coach Vanderhoof constantly refers to himself as plural, but he is the true family man and includes his wife and kids in everything he does, so when he talks about "us" and "we" he is talking about him, his wife and kids. Great man.

“T.J. talked to us every year about coming out and helping,” Vanderhoof referred to himself as a plural people. “But I thought, you know, we need to step back away from it and let coach Maynard and the coaches do their thing.”

Some people may find it funny that Coach Vanderhoof constantly refers to himself as plural, but he is the true family man and includes his wife and kids in everything he does, so when he talks about "us" and "we" he is talking about him, his wife and kids. Great man.
Absolutely ... Randy Vanderhoof is a Christian Leader, a Great Football coach and was an unbelievable Great Football player for the Rams. NO ONE Had the heart and desire that "Hoof" had as a player and coach .... NO ONE.

I am proud to call him personal friend as well as his family, all are top notch / Christian people.

Actually - Coach Vanderhoof as well as RAMS Player R. Vanderhoof Belong in the Raceland Football H.O.F ..A Double inductee !

Coach Randy Vanderhoof is The Definition of CLASS !

Edited by oldrambler

Coach Vanderhoof is a great coach and from what all I read from people all over the area and state a fine man. Vanderhoof at the jr. high level will practically guarantee good, fundamentally sound football players heaing into the Raceland high school program.

That's is in my opinion why the Raceland program has the stature it does, quality people and coaches at all levels. Had I known back several years what I know now and been able to swallow my Eagle pride, I would have sent my kids to Raceland or Ashland.

Sounds to me like he just didn't want to coach that Johnson kid. :sssh::lol2::lol2:

That's what I told him when he stepped down as "the Johnson kid" was entering his freshman year, I told him, "you just couldn't coach another Johnson could you?". Now, he comes back after "the Johnson kid" graduated". Seems fishy to me.