Are Soccer Lines Needed On Turf Fields?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate soccer lines on a football field.

I feel like they should be removable somehow.

Coming from what obviously appears to be a football fan this does not surprise me. And some actually argue repeated football collisions many times resulting in concussions, have no effect.

I get more irritated going the other way. Soccer is just a few thin lines on a football field. Soccer with football yard lines and numbers on the field borders on unwatchable.

They are removable. I've noticed games played in Seattle and New England (which both host NFL and MLS teams) without football lines. However, I'm guessing it is a process that could be expensive or require specific training not readily available to the regular maintenance crews at your local high school.

Lets all give the football players a break. Without lines every yard and numbers every 10 yards, the 20 yard line highlighted (this one really cracks me up, and why is this needed) the football player would never know where to be on the field, even though their coach told them exactly where to run to, where to turn, where to stop, 15 seconds before the play was run.

Lets all give the football players a break. Without lines every yard and numbers every 10 yards, the 20 yard line highlighted (this one really cracks me up, and why is this needed) the football player would never know where to be on the field, even though their coach told them exactly where to run to, where to turn, where to stop, 15 seconds before the play was run.

Are you attempting to be funny? You are striking out my friend.

I think every football game that ends in a tie, should after an overtime period, where the score remains tied, have five people line up to kick field goals. Oh and another awesome idea is to have only one person in the whole place know how much time is left in the match. Oh, and then have the POPE of the sport along with his cronies STEAL millions and millions of dollars from third world nations.

I get more irritated going the other way. Soccer is just a few thin lines on a football field. Soccer with football yard lines and numbers on the field borders on unwatchable.

Soccer borders on unwatchable anyway, but I know that's your thing.