Are Soccer Lines Needed On Turf Fields?

How is this a thread? Yes they need separate lines. They are different sports with completely different markings. The concept of this thread is painfully ignorant.

I started it because in a football thread someone posted that a new turf field being installed would only have soccer OOB lines so as not to have a lot of extra lines on the football field. Turns out that isn't the case.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH]51836[/ATTACH]

Pretty impressive pitch/field.

Pitch looks to be about 115-118 by 50 yards.

If regulation football field is 53 yards wide then the soccer pitch here is at least 70+ yards wide as it looks to go all the way to the edge of the track on the sides.

Would soccer rather have their own grass field that is in excellent condition or share a turf field with HS, JV, Freshman and in many cases Middle School football?

I know Title IX makes that scenario almost impossible to have, but taking Title IX out of it would you prefer your own grass field for soccer only or share a turf field with football?

I actually meant to state 60 wide. I had heard their coach is looking to bid for Regional once the other criteria are met (e.g. lights) so if that's the case the field must be 60-80 yards wide and 110-120 long otherwise the field doesn't qualify beyond District which is has in the past.

chalk it up to old age and old eyes. Although an easier way to estimate is by the goal line markings. 18 yards from edge of penalty line to goal post, 8 yards post to post, 10 yards from arch to 10 yard mark (yellow hash on out side of goal line near edge of penalty box), 1 yard for corner arch, maybe add a 1 yard for distance from penalty to 10 yard hash comes to 68 yards or thereabout.

chalk it up to old age and old eyes. Although an easier way to estimate is by the goal line markings. 18 yards from edge of penalty line to goal post, 8 yards post to post, 10 yards from arch to 10 yard mark (yellow hash on out side of goal line near edge of penalty box), 1 yard for corner arch, maybe add a 1 yard for distance from penalty to 10 yard hash comes to 68 yards or thereabout.

Good estimate... exactly how I came up with my 118X68 guess.