Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Have Seen The Next NBA Superstar

Featured Replies

He could sport an eye patch and average a double-double

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guilty as charged...

 

I was talking to someone about him. I said his offensive game is better than Okafor's game. Okafor was dominant because once he got on the block with the ball he was unstoppable. That being said Bagley can do so much more as far his game goes.

  • Author
I was talking to someone about him. I said his offensive game is better than Okafor's game. Okafor was dominant because once he got on the block with the ball he was unstoppable. That being said Bagley can do so much more as far his game goes.

 

Okafor's game was never built well to translate to the direction the NBA has gone. Bagley is exactly what the game has become. The two don't really compare at all...

Okafor's game was never built well to translate to the direction the NBA has gone. Bagley is exactly what the game has become. The two don't really compare at all...

 

Oh I agree. I just mean't as far as an elite offensive talent at the college level. NBA don't mean much to me when I know the Greek Freak is taking over.

  • Author
Oh I agree. I just mean't as far as an elite offensive talent at the college level. NBA don't mean much to me when I know the Greek Freak is taking over.

 

The college game is going the same direction, but a guy like Okafor still works because there just aren't many dudes with the size to stop him in the NCAA. Bagley is a far superior talent short and long term...

And his name is Marvin Bagley III. Holy crap...

I agree 100%.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from personal experience... When GT believes in a player like this, he’s right. :lol2:

 

Bagley is a freak.

  • Author
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from personal experience... When GT believes in a player like this, he’s right. :lol2:

 

Bagley is a freak.

 

While I fully appreciate the hard work most guys need to become big time players, the first thing I learned in scouting holds true every day. The guys that just look better than everyone else are actually different than the rest.

 

Point being, scouting Bagley at 15 years old wasn't hard. That dude was always different than everyone else on the floor...

  • Author

Averaged 27.3 points and 15 boards this week. Stud...

Question:

 

This is related to the one and done College/NBA rule that is soon to be waived.

 

Though it would be extremely rare, if this kid or any kid with exceptional talent just possibly had what it took to play in the NBA at say 15, 16, or 17 what would stop them from doing so?

 

Theoretically they could be schooled on the road, and they'd certainly have the $$$ to pay a private tutor.

 

Child actors and entertainers are able to perform well before they graduate from high school, and are often times home schooled, or on the road when touring.

 

Though not advisable to forego one's education, technically (if I'm not mistaken) legally kids only have to go to school until they are 16, and then can opt to dropout.

 

Some could say that being around adults, and perhaps some of their adult partying might not be a good influence, but nothing says they will hang with the other dudes in their off time, and who knows the experience of playing high level ball could advance their toughness to be succeeding in the game well before most their age.

 

What say you... If they can, should they be allowed to?

Averaged 27.3 points and 15 boards this week. Stud...

 

First EVER Duke player to drop 30/15 in back to back games. He okay. This dude was supposed to be a high school senior :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.