I Have Seen The Next NBA Superstar

gametime

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to someone about him. I said his offensive game is better than Okafor's game. Okafor was dominant because once he got on the block with the ball he was unstoppable. That being said Bagley can do so much more as far his game goes.

Okafor's game was never built well to translate to the direction the NBA has gone. Bagley is exactly what the game has become. The two don't really compare at all...

Okafor's game was never built well to translate to the direction the NBA has gone. Bagley is exactly what the game has become. The two don't really compare at all...

Oh I agree. I just mean't as far as an elite offensive talent at the college level. NBA don't mean much to me when I know the Greek Freak is taking over.

Oh I agree. I just mean't as far as an elite offensive talent at the college level. NBA don't mean much to me when I know the Greek Freak is taking over.

The college game is going the same direction, but a guy like Okafor still works because there just aren't many dudes with the size to stop him in the NCAA. Bagley is a far superior talent short and long term...

• 2 weeks later...
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from personal experience... When GT believes in a player like this, he’s right. :lol2:

Bagley is a freak.

While I fully appreciate the hard work most guys need to become big time players, the first thing I learned in scouting holds true every day. The guys that just look better than everyone else are actually different than the rest.

Point being, scouting Bagley at 15 years old wasn't hard. That dude was always different than everyone else on the floor...

Question:

This is related to the one and done College/NBA rule that is soon to be waived.

Though it would be extremely rare, if this kid or any kid with exceptional talent just possibly had what it took to play in the NBA at say 15, 16, or 17 what would stop them from doing so?

Theoretically they could be schooled on the road, and they'd certainly have the $$$ to pay a private tutor.

Child actors and entertainers are able to perform well before they graduate from high school, and are often times home schooled, or on the road when touring.

Though not advisable to forego one's education, technically (if I'm not mistaken) legally kids only have to go to school until they are 16, and then can opt to dropout.

Some could say that being around adults, and perhaps some of their adult partying might not be a good influence, but nothing says they will hang with the other dudes in their off time, and who knows the experience of playing high level ball could advance their toughness to be succeeding in the game well before most their age.

What say you... If they can, should they be allowed to?