President Obama's Correspondent's Dinner Speech

It's become fashionable in some circles to hate on this dinner. Those people can shove off as far as I'm concerned.

Strong wasn't perfect, but she did her job well. She was funny and took the occasional poignant jab at the media, politicians, and public figures. I love this dinner.

I'm one of those people who does not like it. Not because of the President , he was quite funny. I'm just not a fan of all the media hype and turning themselves into stars. Heck CNN didn't cover the riots in Baltimore Saturday because they were to busy covering themselves.

I'm one of those people who does not like it. Not because of the President , he was quite funny. I'm just not a fan of all the media hype and turning themselves into stars. Heck CNN didn't cover the riots in Baltimore Saturday because they were to busy covering themselves.

Who knows what CNN would have covered anyway; they're terrible at their jobs at the best of times. I watch the thing the next day on C-SPAN's YouTube channel. I'll agree with you that it's become ridiculous in recent years as there's a red carpet and whatever other dumb things have sprung up around it. I enjoy the dinner itself and that's it.

I wish they would cover themselves even more. :lol2: