Pendleton County Coach Quits

BigRed48

Coach Carver would have been with PC for his 5th year next year, he came from up in Columbus OH region. I am not sure of his defense/offense game plans. Very well respected in this region, was asked to be part of the committee on forming the new classes. His players loved him, kind of reminds me of a young Woody Hayes...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they hired a coach from Ryle High I think he was the offensive line coach.

Lee Teegarden (sp) was hired as an assitant and if he isn't promoted to the head coach Pendleton's AD should lose his job. This is what I'm hearing anyway.

Any ideas on who the new coach may be?

Lee went to Centre on academic scholarship I believe. He will be the best coach ever at PC if they hire him. "I think it fits so well that his name could possibly be on the stadium one day." He knows the game way better than me and his attitude and demeanor will allow him to fit in at PC and that isn't always the easiest thing to do. It would also be a program he could continue to build until they can compete. There are some big big kids in PC and in the past they could have had some serious teams. It's a matter of getting the county to buy into football and I think Lee will be able to do that.

Lee went to Centre on academic scholarship I believe. He will be the best coach ever at PC if they hire him. "I think it fits so well that his name could possibly be on the stadium one day." He knows the game way better than me and his attitude and demeanor will allow him to fit in at PC and that isn't always the easiest thing to do. It would also be a program he could continue to build until they can compete. There are some big big kids in PC and in the past they could have had some serious teams. It's a matter of getting the county to buy into football and I think Lee will be able to do that.

I heard he is one of the finalists.

I hear that Teegarden has not been named head coach that they were going to interveiw 2 other candidates and one used to play football for UK I do not have his name right now but I understand he teaches business and there is an opening for a business teacher at Pendleton Co. high school

I understand Pendleton offered the job to Greg Lahr (former UK player) and he turned them down. Pendleton then contacted Rob Reynolds (former UK and HHS player) and told him he was their first choice....

My guess is Teegarden will end up with the job.