Pendleton County Coach Quits

BigRed48

I understand Pendleton offered the job to Greg Lahr (former UK player) and he turned them down. Pendleton then contacted Rob Reynolds (former UK and HHS player) and told him he was their first choice....

My guess is Teegarden will end up with the job.

Rob is great guy and I believe he has been at Campbell County for the last few years. He would also fit in very well in Pendleton.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think is should either but that was an excuse by both coaches for not accepting the job.Probably not the only one but it was mentioned.

Sounds like an excuse rather than a reason. Principal could have easily been in place and leave after one year. School systems face the movement of administration all the time. Most get promoted up, some return closer to home and a few get fired.

If they have to wait on site based to get a principal they will not have a coach for next year.This whole thing is a mess as far as getting a principal is concerned.

Don't agree with this assessment.

The committee interviewed, offered it to the 2 candidates that they felt would be a good principal for PCHS and for whatever reason those candidates turned it down. Instead of accepting candidates the committee felt would not be a good fit for PCHS (those candidates probably/might be a GREAT fit at another school), they decided to restart the process and see if there was a candidate out there they had overlooked in the first round.

From what I gather there was a # three candidate and they didn't offer the job to him.I guess they didn't think it would get that far down their list to worry about him.Why would you be third on the list and not offer the job.Personal reasons thats why.

From what I gather there was a # three candidate and they didn't offer the job to him.I guess they didn't think it would get that far down their list to worry about him.Why would you be third on the list and not offer the job.Personal reasons thats why.

If it was one or two people on the committee I could see personal reasons. But when 5 people are on the committee and the majority of them don't feel comfortable with a candidate, that seems to be a red flag and discount it being a personal reason.

I can't speak on the particulars about he candidate but I would assume they interviewed the candidate and did not like some of the answers they received.

Must not have been too bad or he would have been down the list and not the third one in line for the job.Anyway I wish they would get their act together or the Supt. will appoint someone that they may like less.The football coaching job will get filled pretty soon I think.

Must not have been too bad or he would have been down the list and not the third one in line for the job.Anyway I wish they would get their act together or the Supt. will appoint someone that they may like less.The football coaching job will get filled pretty soon I think.

Site based is meeting after school today and consultation in on the agenda with head football coach position as one of the items listed. Might be done by 4:30.