No More Blackout Rule

Mike Brown voted against it (only one) because he wasn't happy with the agreed to financial aspect of this.

Bengals cast lone vote against abolishing blackout rule

Mike knows he's in trouble in regards to ticket sales.

Which in my mind is bad for us. I know others don't believe it but I truly believe he wants to win, but he wants to win while also making money. If this blackout thing doesn't come back, the Bengals stadium will end up looking a lot like the Red's stadium no matter if they are winning or not. So I know I sure hope L.A. does eventually get its team or teams and doesn't make Brown think about eventually leaving to a place where they will sell out.

It is going to force the Bengals to be creative either with ticket packages or concession stands.

I love NFL games and the experience. But beer prices need to be addressed. I don't mind paying the ticket price. It is all the other costs. I've said for a few years smaller market teams were going to eventual hit a threshold where a majority of die hards are priced out.

I know we inevitably have one of these posts a year about there are to many drunk people at NFL games which I don't agree with. But the bottom line is the die hard fans who buy the majority of tickets are the ones getting there to tailgate at 9 or 10 am and making it a total day experience.

If you want to increase ticket sales appealing to that fan base should be your focus. That will be the fand most likely to move the tailgate to the house and have a party with the big screen at home.

Which the product he has put on the field has been better than the majority of the NFL for five out of the past six seasons. Just the Cincinnati area as a whole is not a great sports like others. A lot of people who are Reds' date=' Bengal fans, etc but not as many passionate fans like other areas where you see teams sell out in baseball, football, etc. most years even when the team may be struggling.[/quote']

Bengals were only team to vote against it, looks like Mikey is aware of his product, the smoke and mirrors.

Exactly!!! The NFL did the Bengals and other teams no favor by announcing this before the 2015 payments are due. I was seriously considering not renewing my tickets so this news make the decision real easy for me.

Now before guys get all bent out of shape and tell me I'm not a real fan let me explain. First off I can usually only make it to 4 or so games out of 10 dues to travel for business, etc and the fact that I am still required to pay full price for Pre Season games with NO chance of resale drives me nuts!

The owners voted on it so I'm sure they knew the announcement was coming.

The NFL game is simply a much better product on TV than in person. I will never pay to go to an NFL game again and sit through the 100 TV timeouts, etc. I go to a game every year or two when I get company tickets. Then I wish I was home watching the Red Zone channel anyway...

First, ticket sales are now a drop in the bucket compared to the TV deals.

Second, in the NFL all ticket revenue goes into a pool and is distributed evenly amongst the franchises. Ticket sales going down in Cincinnati have virtually no impact on the Bengals bottom line...

Second, in the NFL all ticket revenue goes into a pool and is distributed evenly amongst the franchises. Ticket sales going down in Cincinnati have virtually no impact on the Bengals bottom line...

It won't overall for the NFL and your point on tickets are true but I don't believe everyone gets even split that is why Mikey voted no he wanted a more favorable split for teams who didn't get as much ticket revenue. It's obvious overall it won't matter. But it's also obvious he pinches every penny and if his personal bottom line is affected at all he won't like it.

First' date=' ticket sales are now a drop in the bucket compared to the TV deals. Second, in the NFL all ticket revenue goes into a pool and is distributed evenly amongst the franchises. Ticket sales going down in Cincinnati have virtually no impact on the Bengals bottom line...[/quote']

Season tix are still important, it's an interest free loan the team collects 6 months before the season. It is more of a corporate audience teams are catering too now though.

Season tix are still important, it's an interest free loan the team collects 6 months before the season. It is more of a corporate audience teams are catering too now though.

And it is pennies on the dollar to TV money. That's just reality...

Bengals were only team to vote against it, looks like Mikey is aware of his product, the smoke and mirrors.

Aware of his product? His product has produced playoff teams in five of the last six years. In most cities that have consistent playoff teams it wouldn't be a struggle to sell out games no matter if the team didn't win in the playoffs. So we can make excuses about team on the field etc, etc. However the fact of the matter is Cincinnati is not as good as other cities in terms of passionate fans who want to go to games. The Bengals could have won playoff games and probably still not seen much of an attendance push. People can't go back to the 80s and say that proves people will come. Back in the 80s the at home experience is not what it is now. Its the same with the Reds and this is suppose to be a baseball town but even when they were winning the attendance numbers weren't great. This city has lots of fans of both teams but people just Dont attend games like other cities.

Good point.

How much do they recieve from TV money?