If you don't like Tim Tebow...

born2reign

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Espn had analyst putting Tebow down as well as many people in the media. They didn't care to or wasn't afraid to bash Tebow, but was afraid to bash SAM because he was gay.

Tebow won a playoff game in Denver

I don't remember many analysts saying Sam belonged in the league. There wasn't any huge outcry when Sam got cut from the Rams or the second time with the Cowboys from analysts or from the general public. On the other hand, there was plenty of outcry when Tebow was released, especially from the general public. Again, there is a big difference between hating/bashing a guy and saying he's not good enough to play. Sorry, most of this Tebow "hate" just doesn't exist.

I've always assumed he's a completely fantastic person, and I don't think anyone really dislikes him based on his personality.

For me, I've never understood Tebow hype. People always claim that he's: such a hard worker, such a good leader, so committed to the league.

Oh wow? Really? He's a hard worker? So is every person in the NFL. He's a good leader? Cool, every team has what, 4 captains for a game? Those guys are good leaders, too.

His whole system of support, I feel, came from his charisma. But if you objectively looked at his game, he wasn't good. His throwing motion needed more than a lot of work. With that said, if he truly has improved, I think he could be a playable QB for the Eagles.

I think people confused the "Tebow hate" for people just being honest about his ability. His personality might be a little too "toothpaste commercial" for some people, but no one is saying "I hate that Tebow fella for going to Africa and giving medical care to orphans."

As far as the religion issue goes, he can get a little tiresome with it, in my opinion. We get it Tim, you love God and have the belief that he made that Steelers DB trip. We get it. We know. Just give a post game interview about the game. And before someone brings up Michael Sam and his choices, if he started every interview with "First of all, I want to say that I'm gay and I love my husband" people wouldn't be okay with it. So let's go ahead and rip that band-aid off right now. Tebow wasn't treated worse than Sam. Period. You're a jaded fool to think he was.

I like Chip Kelly immensely as a coach, and I want him to be successful in Philly. If it's with Tebow, so be it. If it's with Sanchez or Bradford, fine. Just win, baby.

I've always assumed he's a completely fantastic person, and I don't think anyone really dislikes him based on his personality.

For me, I've never understood Tebow hype. People always claim that he's: such a hard worker, such a good leader, so committed to the league.

Oh wow? Really? He's a hard worker? So is every person in the NFL. He's a good leader? Cool, every team has what, 4 captains for a game? Those guys are good leaders, too.

His whole system of support, I feel, came from his charisma. But if you objectively looked at his game, he wasn't good. His throwing motion needed more than a lot of work. With that said, if he truly has improved, I think he could be a playable QB for the Eagles.

I think people confused the "Tebow hate" for people just being honest about his ability. His personality might be a little too "toothpaste commercial" for some people, but no one is saying "I hate that Tebow fella for going to Africa and giving medical care to orphans."

As far as the religion issue goes, he can get a little tiresome with it, in my opinion. We get it Tim, you love God and have the belief that he made that Steelers DB trip. We get it. We know. Just give a post game interview about the game. And before someone brings up Michael Sam and his choices, if he started every interview with "First of all, I want to say that I'm gay and I love my husband" people wouldn't be okay with it. So let's go ahead and rip that band-aid off right now. Tebow wasn't treated worse than Sam. Period. You're a jaded fool to think he was.

I like Chip Kelly immensely as a coach, and I want him to be successful in Philly. If it's with Tebow, so be it. If it's with Sanchez or Bradford, fine. Just win, baby.

I was coming to say the same thing. I'm with you 100% on this whole post.

Amazing that so many hate and root against Tebow and cheered for Michael Sam and worshipped his lifestyle.

Nah, they both suck. I have yet to meet anyone that "worships" Michael Sam. Tim Tebow is worshipped as a football player and a person and the fact of the matter is that he is nothing more than a more pale version of Vince Young. They both suck as football players. Tim has proven to be a far better individual though.

Espn had analyst putting Tebow down as well as many people in the media. They didn't care to or wasn't afraid to bash Tebow, but was afraid to bash SAM because he was gay.

Tebow won a playoff game in Denver

That's their job. You do understand that don't you? The media makes polarizing statements every time they make a statement. No different than Alex Jones and his war for minds.

This is hard for me to say because of where he played, but Tim Tebow was by far the best college player I ever saw. I'm only 27 so I missed a number of the great ones, but I'd take him over any player of the last 20 years. He should have won 3 Heismans IMO.

He may never stay in the league but I don't think anyone could unbiasedly say he wasn't an alltime great in college.

This is a perfect post on the situation. Well done. :thumb:

This is hard for me to say because of where he played, but Tim Tebow was by far the best college player I ever saw. I'm only 27 so I missed a number of the great ones, but I'd take him over any player of the last 20 years. He should have won 3 Heismans IMO.

He may never stay in the league but I don't think anyone could unbiasedly say he wasn't an alltime great in college.

He was statistically an amazing player, but if you physically watched him throw, he really wasn't very good. The competition he faced in college isn't as tough as the NFL. Those extra tenths of a second he was wasting in his throwing motion won't hurt you in college, but a starting DB in the NFL makes his career in those few wasted instances. That's the difference between a catch and run, and a catch and run the other way.

He was and is fun to watch when he is making improbable plays in improbable situations, but that's not how you make a career in the NFL. It isn't with homerun throws 50+ yards, it's those precise throws for 5 yards on 3rd down to keep the chains moving.

Nah, they both suck. I have yet to meet anyone that "worships" Michael Sam. Tim Tebow is worshipped as a football player and a person and the fact of the matter is that he is nothing more than a more pale version of Vince Young. They both suck as football players. Tim has proven to be a far better individual though.
Tebow's success collegiately is nothing to sneeze at.

I've never seen anyone say he sucked in college. We aren't talking about college though. Johnny Football was awesome in college too.