If you don't like Tim Tebow...

born2reign

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I'm not following then. If we are basing the angst or love towards any of these guys based on their NFL production, well, I'd argue Tebow has been the best of them, and still stinks. What's the point?

The point is that people act like Tebow should be loved because he is an amazing human being. People act like he deserves to be in the NFL because he is a great human being. People act like because he won one playoff game that validates him as a good NFL player. That insults my intelligence. He sucks at football but won the game of life. Once we can all agree on that and I can say Tebow sucks at football without people talking about how he is such an awesome human being then I'll shut up. Until then I'll bash Tebow the football player until I die.

He suuuuucccckkkssssss.

The point is that people act like Tebow should be loved because he is an amazing human being. People act like he deserves to be in the NFL because he is a great human being. People act like because he won one playoff game that validates him as a good NFL player. That insults my intelligence. He sucks at football but won the game of life. Once we can all agree on that and I can say Tebow sucks at football without people talking about how he is such an awesome human being then I'll shut up. Until then I'll bash Tebow the football player until I die.

He suuuuucccckkkssssss.

This 1000%. :lol2: :lol2:

He suuuuucccckkkssssss.

Well, you need to hang around people who understand the game if it bothers you. What he does away from football is commended, and I'd hope you agree that the video shows some of that. As for an NFL football player, he's awful. I don't understand the correlation. I think some of the angst toward him is the assumption that he's a good NFL player because he's a good person away from the gridiron. I also think alot of that is inferred by those who dislike him. But that's just my opinion. I sure wouldn't want him under center for my team. But I think it would be great if he was the guidance counselor at my son's high school.

Well, you need to hang around people who understand the game if it bothers you. What he does away from football is commended, and I'd hope you agree that the video shows some of that. As for an NFL football player, he's awful. I don't understand the correlation. I think some of the angst toward him is the assumption that he's a good NFL player because he's a good person away from the gridiron. I also think alot of that is inferred by those who dislike him. But that's just my opinion. I sure wouldn't want him under center for my team. But I think it would be great if he was the guidance counselor at my son's high school.

He'd be an excellent guidance counselor and as someone alluded to he'd probably be an excellent coach. The fact that he is such a great person is probably the only reason he is getting yet another chance in the NFL. It's not because he figured out how to be a successful NFL QB while working for the SEC Network.

He'd be an excellent guidance counselor and as someone alluded to he'd probably be an excellent coach. The fact that he is such a great person is probably the only reason he is getting yet another chance in the NFL. It's not because he figured out how to be a successful NFL QB while working for the SEC Network.

I thought he was a terrible analyst as well.

He was statistically an amazing player, but if you physically watched him throw, he really wasn't very good. The competition he faced in college isn't as tough as the NFL. Those extra tenths of a second he was wasting in his throwing motion won't hurt you in college, but a starting DB in the NFL makes his career in those few wasted instances. That's the difference between a catch and run, and a catch and run the other way.

He was and is fun to watch when he is making improbable plays in improbable situations, but that's not how you make a career in the NFL. It isn't with homerun throws 50+ yards, it's those precise throws for 5 yards on 3rd down to keep the chains moving.

Never said that it was. But for anyone to act like he wasn't great in college is ridiculous. He hasn't proven to be an NFL passer, but to me he has no peer in the college game.

I am ambivalent about T. Tebow although I was quite happy as a Bronco fan when he lead them on the late season winning string. I do think he is a guy with good leadership qualities. I do not criticize his faith, and on one hand I admire his commitment, however, it would not be my style nor many others to have to constantly demonstrate my holiness. I think he is a very good athlete, and Urban Meyer, who is a great college coach, was able to take advantage of these assets in a very effective way. I do not think T. Tebow would have been as effective at somewhere like, let's say, U. of Kentucky. So, does this mean I hate him....I certainly hope not, because I admire him and wish him all the best. Hopefully I am just practical about it.