If you don't like Tim Tebow...

born2reign

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossroads in Florence along with other local churches hosted "Royal Prom" last spring.

It was an unbelievable event for all involved.

Their most recent one was in October. I didn't have the chance to go but I've worked alongside almost all of the volunteers and worked with most of the students. Its really a great thing!

Their most recent one was in October. I didn't have the chance to go but I've worked alongside almost all of the volunteers and worked with most of the students. Its really a great thing!

God bless you and the volunteer work you and others do to help our children with special needs.

• 2 months later...

Tim is an awesome guy...about as real as they come. You may not think he is an NFL-quality quarterback, and you may be right. But he IS a leader, and I sure hope he gets the chance again. He didn't really fumble the ball in Denver, but can't quibble with Denver's decision to go after Peyton Manning either.

I about choked on my chewing gum early last fall...listening to the Jets trying to run the read-option with whichever quarterback they had in the game at the moment. An offense they refused to run more than one play a game when Tebow was there.

Tim is an awesome guy...about as real as they come. You may not think he is an NFL-quality quarterback, and you may be right. But he IS a leader, and I sure hope he gets the chance again. He didn't really fumble the ball in Denver, but can't quibble with Denver's decision to go after Peyton Manning either.

I about choked on my chewing gum early last fall...listening to the Jets trying to run the read-option with whichever quarterback they had in the game at the moment. An offense they refused to run more than one play a game when Tebow was there.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way because I have a lot of respect for you, but if you were watching during the prior Tebow skirmishes, you'll understand why I have issues with the part of your post that I bolded. Please don't take it personally. I've been going out of my way to avoid being harsh towards the guy this time around and I'd rather not get dragged into that silliness again.

How could you not root for a guy like this? Hope he succeeds and flourishes with an NFL team.

Lots of ways.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way because I have a lot of respect for you, but if you were watching during the prior Tebow skirmishes, you'll understand why I have issues with the part of your post that I bolded. Please don't take it personally. I've been going out of my way to avoid being harsh towards the guy this time around and I'd rather not get dragged into that silliness again.

Lots of ways.

Sooo what are the reasons you do not like Tebow? You think he's a phoney? If so, why? Just curious.

I'm still struggling to see where there is so much hate for Tebow. People confuse not thinking he is an NFL QB with hating him. The guy has been out of the league for a year and he's still loved by many. He was had one of the top selling jersey's while he was in the league. Sure there are some that hate on him because of his beliefs, but I'd say he's been one of the most popular players during his career despite his lack of talent. It's his strong, public faith that's made him as popular as he is...not his football ability.

Amazing that so many hate and root against Tebow and cheered for Michael Sam and worshipped his lifestyle.

I don't agree here either. Again, while there were certainly a few that rooted against Tebow, by and large, he was well liked and people rooted for him despite his deficiencies as a player. For the most part, people thought he was much better than he actually is. As far as Sam, his biggest supporters were in the LGBT community. Most fans pretty much felt he wasn't good enough to play in the league, despite his resume, and him being SEC Defensive player of the year. I think Sam was evaluated much more objectively by the average fan than Tebow.