Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier OC position open

Featured Replies

Bruin66: You take a narrow slice of data (points scored) as the basis for your argument. That's the point.

 

Please explain what is a more important indicator to offensive productivity than points scored.

  • Replies 142
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruin66: You take a narrow slice of data (points scored) as the basis for your argument. That's the point.

 

So, Tigermom, what is your assessment of the Wolford offense thus far in his coaching tenure?

Any word of the impending hire?

I believe they're close, but I have not heard anything for sure yet.

I believe they're close, but I have not heard anything for sure yet.

 

Please keep us posted, this is a huge job.

 

Think about it everyone, X is hiring Andrew Coverdale's opponent. I know many of you don't quite see it that way, but suffice to say this position is the big time.

Please keep us posted, this is a huge job.

 

Think about it everyone, X is hiring Andrew Coverdale's opponent. I know many of you don't quite see it that way, but suffice to say this position is the big time.

 

Guru, i'd consider it more like Jay Cobbs opponent. Bart Bruner would be Coverdales opponent and I think they got it right when they brought him back.

Guru, i'd consider it more like Jay Cobbs opponent. Bart Bruner would be Coverdales opponent and I think they got it right when they brought him back.

 

Just as valid as my thinking.

 

I look at it a little different and that it was I meant by many of you don't see it that way.

 

I am sure you will agree, this is a huge coaching position?

Guru, i'd consider it more like Jay Cobbs opponent. Bart Bruner would be Coverdales opponent and I think they got it right when they brought him back.

 

Guys, I know that everyone loves to compare the two green teams, but X has a ways to go to be considered on the same level as T. I know that they won the regular season battle.(T won the war). X will struggle with their district this year. They have lost to Male at all three levels last year. Heck, they split with 2a Desales at the lower levels. Manual will be formidable, as will Butler and PRP. X just doesn't have the athletes that T, Male and even Scott Co. possess. X put MOST of their best athletes on the defensive side of the ball last year. I'm sure that they will use this philosophy again this year. This leaves the offense with slim pickings. X just doesn't have a ton of kids with exceptional athleticism in their entire program. I know Coach G was taken to task for his Offensive philosophy, maybe just maybe that philosophy best suites the kids in X's program. Just a thought.:whistling:

Guys, I know that everyone loves to compare the two green teams, but X has a ways to go to be considered on the same level as T. I know that they won the regular season battle.(T won the war). X will struggle with their district this year. They have lost to Male at all three levels last year. Heck, they split with 2a Desales at the lower levels. Manual will be formidable, as will Butler and PRP. X just doesn't have the athletes that T, Male and even Scott Co. possess. X put MOST of their best athletes on the defensive side of the ball last year. I'm sure that they will use this philosophy again this year. This leaves the offense with slim pickings. X just doesn't have a ton of kids with exceptional athleticism in their entire program. I know Coach G was taken to task for his Offensive philosophy, maybe just maybe that philosophy best suites the kids in X's program. Just a thought.:whistling:

 

I agree with parts of your comments...I believe this hire is huge, because the last two years there has not been much of direction in regards to the offensive side of the ball. This hire along with potential hires the new OC wants to make will be huge.

 

Need a coach or coaches who can develop a QB. The players overall may be a little bit below T and Male, but they're not as far away as one might think. A good OC with assistants who are in it together can overcome some athletic deficiencies.

Without direction, philosophy, and backing from the head coach, it won't matter who is hired. So far, that has not been the case in the Wolford tenure.

I agree with parts of your comments...I believe this hire is huge, because the last two years there has not been much of direction in regards to the offensive side of the ball. This hire along with potential hires the new OC wants to make will be huge.

 

Need a coach or coaches who can develop a QB. The players overall may be a little bit below T and Male, but they're not as far away as one might think. A good OC with assistants who are in it together can overcome some athletic deficiencies.

 

I will stand by my original thoughts. They did not compare favorably to T and Male at the lower levels the last couple of years. Male handled them easily at all three levels. Ridder has a chance to be a good QB(if daddy ball doesn't win out). They will have a couple of very good wide-outs. Their running backs are very average and their OL is very,very thin. I guess time will tell.

I haven't read the whole thread, is this a teacher and coach position or just a para-professional coaching position?

From my understanding the OC position is attached to a teaching position.

I will stand by my original thoughts. They did not compare favorably to T and Male at the lower levels the last couple of years. Male handled them easily at all three levels. Ridder has a chance to be a good QB(if daddy ball doesn't win out). They will have a couple of very good wide-outs. Their running backs are very average and their OL is very,very thin. I guess time will tell.

 

I understand the struggles the JV/Frosh teams have faced the last couple of years, but if the right person is hired at OC, like the addition of Coach Bruner as the DC, I would say they could improve and be in a much better place the next few years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.