St. Xavier OC position open

kballer

St X is looking for a new OC. This is especially disturbing since last years coordinator has a son who is supposed to be a freshman in the fall at X.

Has anyone heard of any prospects?

Is this young man still going to St X?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St X is looking for a new OC. This is especially disturbing since last years coordinator has a son who is supposed to be a freshman in the fall at X.

Why is it disturbing?

Another example of the ineptitude of Wolford. Wasn't he supposed to be the "savior of the program?" What he has in fact done is prove his lack of experience and expertise. It is a shame that a proud program like St. X that has had sustained success over many years is treated like a grade school program. There has been little or no direction from the head coach, only constant change of the coaching staff and lack of a philosophy.

Another example of the ineptitude of Wolford. Wasn't he supposed to be the "savior of the program?" What he has in fact done is prove his lack of experience and expertise. It is a shame that a proud program like St. X that has had sustained success over many years is treated like a grade school program. There has been little or no direction from the head coach, only constant change of the coaching staff and lack of a philosophy.

I don't know if I would go that far. Wolford had the X crowd scratching their heads wondering if they made the right decision at first. When he beat T in the regular season last year, I think the Xaverians are more willing to sit back and see what happens now.

A little harsh wouldn't you say? I mean c'mon. This freshman you speak of must really be something.

That is my point as well, kballer. It is tough for players to improve when they keep changing things. One of the traditional strengths of the St. X program had been the continuity of the program. While there were tweaks from year to year, the basic program philosophy stayed intact, which allowed players to improve greatly over a 4 year period.