Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier OC position open

Featured Replies

I for one can hardly wait for Jerry Mayes to make the move and bring Mike to duPont Manual as the next head coach of the Crimsons! It may take a few more underachieving seasons, but sooner or later, the Crimson faithful will clamor for a change.

 

If that were to ever happen, it would be good for Manual.

  • Replies 142
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't happen. Mike is not a fan of Manual.

Mike has not made his interest in the Crimsons head coaching position a secret.

Several of us who have been Mike's biggest supporters would be very disappointed in him should he take a position at Manual.

Several of us who have been Mike's biggest supporters would be very disappointed in him should he take a position at Manual.

 

That sentiment surprises me.

 

In an unrelated personnel move, you are aware that Bill Glaser is now teaching mathematics part-time at duPont Manual?

Several of us who have been Mike's biggest supporters would be very disappointed in him should he take a position at Manual.

 

In that case, I'd say y'all should have 'supported" with a little more oomph about two years ago when the school allowed itself to get into the football mess it's in now.

That decision was a done deal and not made necessarily by sports people. I don't see Mike making a pitch to X alumni to send their sons to Manual to play sports and give up loyalty to X, particularly if your son has thought about X for many years. The reality also is that Mike is 62 or 63 this year and I wonder how many years he has left. Also, let's face it, even if it is Manual, it is still a public school with a different set of discipline rules.

Several of us who have been Mike's biggest supporters would be very disappointed in him should he take a position at Manual.

 

Surprised to hear that, Mike Glaser is a football coach, if he still has the itch there is nothing wrong with him pursuing it... I'm still convinced X would've won it if Coach Glaser was the coach in '13, he built that team in his system to get it done that year only to have the rug pulled from under him, that one is a head scratcher, always will be.

I agree. Mike would have won in 13. Team was tailor made for him.

Surprised to hear that, Mike Glaser is a football coach, if he still has the itch there is nothing wrong with him pursuing it... I'm still convinced X would've won it if Coach Glaser was the coach in '13, he built that team in his system to get it done that year only to have the rug pulled from under him, that one is a head scratcher, always will be.

 

Last time I checked the Manual job is not available and it is extremely disrespectful for anyone to make a story out of this especially people from other schools. Please have a little respect for the coaches that pour their time and energy into the lives of the young men involved.

Last time I checked the Manual job is not available and it is extremely disrespectful for anyone to make a story out of this especially people from other schools. Please have a little respect for the coaches that pour their time and energy into the lives of the young men involved.
This is an on-line blog. People post about "what if" situations quite often.
Last time I checked the Manual job is not available and it is extremely disrespectful for anyone to make a story out of this especially people from other schools. Please have a little respect for the coaches that pour their time and energy into the lives of the young men involved.

 

Please don't quote me, lol, just commenting on another comment, it's a blog, geez

Please don't quote me, lol, just commenting on another comment, it's a blog, geez

 

I love that all morality goes out the window because it is a blog. Integrity

Surprised to hear that, Mike Glaser is a football coach, if he still has the itch there is nothing wrong with him pursuing it... I'm still convinced X would've won it if Coach Glaser was the coach in '13, he built that team in his system to get it done that year only to have the rug pulled from under him, that one is a head scratcher, always will be.

 

I agree. Mike would have won in 13. Team was tailor made for him.

 

I agree 100%. I think the 2013 X squad actually looked their best on the few occasions when they actually played Glaser style on offense. If they had given him one more year then he could have gone out with one more title and handed the reigns over to Wolford from there. But the past is the past and we can't change it.

I love that all morality goes out the window because it is a blog. Integrity

 

Lighten up Francis(From Stripes just in case you don't get the joke)...

Several of us who have been Mike's biggest supporters would be very disappointed in him should he take a position at Manual.

 

I'm a supporter of Coach Glaser and I would not have an issue if he went to Manual. I would be happy for him, and if he did I would be willing to bet Manual would finally get over the hump and beat the Tigers.

 

Back to the topic, I guess we're still waiting on the official announcement of the new OC at St. X...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.