9-Month-Old Dead After 5-Year-Old Brother Shoots Him in the Head

HOMELESS CAMEL

The gun, which was loaded and unsecured, was stored on a shelf built into the bed in the victim's home, and in the same room in which the victim was laying in his crib. No reports have explained how or why the 5-year-old shot his sibling, but authorities say that the gun, a .22 magnum revolver, was found near where the baby had been sleeping. A neighbor says that the family, which remains unnamed, is "very good", that they got a "sad deal" and that "everyone should pray for them." The neighbor took the three children who were not injured to her home while police attended to the killed infant.

9-Month-Old Dead After 5-Year-Old Brother Shoots Him in the Head

Stories like this drive me nuts. I am a firm believer that with a young child in the house, a gun should either be in your hand, your holster or your safe with pretty much no exceptions. I wouldn't even have one on the night stand while I slept. Too much of a risk of the child wanting to climb in bed with your after a nightmare and notice it and curiousity getting the best of them.

Stories like this drive me nuts. I am a firm believer that with a young child in the house, a gun should either be in your hand, your holster or your safe with pretty much no exceptions. I wouldn't even have one on the night stand while I slept. Too much of a risk of the child wanting to climb in bed with your after a nightmare and notice it and curiousity getting the best of them.
Perfectly stated. And I agree wholeheartedly.